Yes, finally Echoes+ long journey is all but complete as it crosses to the darkside and makes it onto Mac.
My first Mac release too so hopefully it’s not a bug riddled mess, or at least no more so than normal. I’ve no idea how big the Mac audience is, but AGK2 made the porting process a painless one so I’d be crazy not to do it. (Well painless if you ignore my fumblings trying to find my way around a Mac and XCode for the first time.)
Nothing too major. The biggest change is probably an adjustment to the online leaderboards which now only store the best score for each player. This prevents one name dominating the boards and should free up a little space for Mac users, with the release of that version imminent.
V6 release notes:
– Leaderboard online entries now limited to one score per player
– Possible fix for Windows XP Dwmapi.dll crash
– Inputs no longer work during screen transitions
– Trial percentage calculation corrected
– Leaderboard button tool-tip changed
– Momentum reduced on keyboard controls
– Log file time-stamp fixed
Echoes+ was featured on the cover of this months The Game Creators newsletter, along with a few words from me on the development process and my experience of coding in AGK.
TGC Newsletter Issue 140
Echoes+ Cover Story
Echoes+ V5 is out now. It mainly fixes a bug on some Windows 8.1 machines although I took the opportunity to tweak a couple of other things too based on early feedback.
V5 release notes:
– Windows 8.1 crash fixed
– Overly sensitive joypad controls on menus fixed
– The “back” button on joypad now works on menus
– Improved visibility of player shield colours (green = active, red = less than 3 seconds remaining)
– Some Trials targets adjusted
Enjoy and keep any feedback or suggestions coming 🙂