A belated Happy New Year to all. Hopefully it’s a good one.
So time for a project re-cap. In the New Year I decided to add to my existing workload by seeing how quickly I could port echoes+ to my new multi-platform game engine. Previously it was only released on XBox Live Indie Games and played by about 3 people, but I’ve had a lot of requests for a PC port so why not… and we might as well do a Mac, iOS & Android version at the same time.
I must admit it wasn’t a project I was particularly looking forward to doing as this would effectively be the third time I’d written it, albeit with extra game modes and bells and whistles that weren’t in the original PC version. However I used my own scripting system in the XBox360 version that I’m also using in my new game engine so about 95% of it worked simply by dropping the scripts in the relevant directories. Result.
So gameplay wise the PC version at least seems to be working as intended with all 6 game modes fully playable. I still need to tweak the HUD to suit the new target devices, update the menus and add device specific controls, but expect a multi-platform echoes+ in the future.
I’ll post an update on 1982 & feedback in a day or two.