binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 05:48:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  The PC Thread (Games, Viruses, BSOD etc).....................
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The PC Thread (Games, Viruses, BSOD etc).....................  (Read 103678 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »

You don't need to wait for a return of OnLive or for another game streaming company to start up. No, you can do it all with Amazon EC2 and your current Steam Library. This guy uses Amazon EC2 to create a virtual machine instance running Windows Server with an NVIDIA card, installs Steam and some drivers, then uses Steam streaming to play games on his otherwise nowhere near powerful enough Macbook Air.

Welcome to the future - http://hackaday.com/2015/07/10/build-an-amazon-ec2-gaming-rig/#comments
Nice.

I'm pretty impressed with PSNow and Remote Play on the Vita. Streaming is already decent and only going to improve so has a big future.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »

Undertale is great. The way it's written is just... it's like one of those stories where every little detail has been crafted and thought of and it just POPS. It's great.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »

Undertale is great. The way it's written is just... it's like one of those stories where every little detail has been crafted and thought of and it just POPS. It's great.
Yeah everyone seems to love it.  Must admit it doesn't appeal to me from what I've seen of it.  Maybe I'll give it a try once I've cleared some of my backlog.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2016, 03:21:33 AM »

Fantastic experiment.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »

Been playing Rocket League lately which is good with friends and really kinda eh without

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »

Been playing Rocket League lately which is good with friends and really kinda eh without
Got it free with PS+ a while back and still haven't tried it yet.  Looks like good chaotic fun though so I should.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »

I spent a lot of time playing GTA V Online. Probably 150-200 hours, 99% of it with friends. It was good fun, and I'd take breaks for a few months and come back for the fresh content when it dropped. That said, it was getting old, and because it's so hard to earn money in the game, the playerbase and R* really discourage PVP in the open world, which is a shame.

I ended up trying PUBG at a friend's house, and was instantly hooked. It was like DayZ but without the drudgery. Air drop on to the island, loot for gear, and stay ahead of the ever shrinking circle that'll kill you as it closes in. Try and be the last one standing out of 100 players.

It's fast paced, with tons of cool gear and mechanics that just work. Great fun to play with friends, too.

The only thing that bothers me is their experimentation with first-person only matches (the game is third-person as standard). I like it in third person, and I can put up with it in first. I just wish they'd pick one so I can git gud.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
Jump to: