binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 05:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30168 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  TV
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV  (Read 121133 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #525 on: September 05, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »

Wow that's fantastic content. I should watch more RW.
It's a good watch.  Entertaining enough and doesn't take itself too seriously.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #526 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »

Dara on a bit of a roll right now.  Following on from presenting Robot Wars he's just started  fronting Go 8 bit.....a video game show that's actually decent.

Chuckie Egg on TV in 2016  man

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:40:51 PM by fog » Logged

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #527 on: September 28, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »

Mixed feelings about The Night of.  It all went a bit downhill after the great pilot and the ending wasn't entirely satisfactory, but the acting and storyline just about kept me interested until the end.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #528 on: November 19, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »

The first episode of The Grand Tour was really good.  Like they took all the good bits from old Top Gear, tuned them to perfection and dropped all the poorer elements like the celebrity interview.

The cinematography was cranked up to 11, the new "location" worked well, I Liked the banter with the audience.  Hell even some of the humour was really funny.

Kind of ironic that it took the old presenters to refresh the format, while the new presenters of Top Gear stuck to the old tired format when they had the perfect opportunity to do something fresh and new themselves.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »

The first episode of The Grand Tour was really good.  Like they took all the good bits from old Top Gear, tuned them to perfection and dropped all the poorer elements like the celebrity interview.

The cinematography was cranked up to 11, the new "location" worked well, I Liked the banter with the audience.  Hell even some of the humour was really funny.

Kind of ironic that it took the old presenters to refresh the format, while the new presenters of Top Gear stuck to the old tired format when they had the perfect opportunity to do something fresh and new themselves.
Big downturn in episode 2.  Way too obviously scripted.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2016, 01:48:21 AM »

I haven't watched The Grand Tour myself yet; kinda waiting until the verdict's in since I'd have to pay for Amazon. I stopped watching Top Gear and missed the last two or three seasons because it had just become scripted, awful rubbish - and why would I bother watching that when I could watch car guys doing real, genuine car stuff on Youtube? I think my tastes have always been in modification and custom cars and such, so I'm probably not that interested in more new Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren reviews anymore anyway.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #531 on: February 01, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »

Finally caught up with the Westworld finale and it was mostly very good if you ignore some gaping plot holes and inconsistencies.  Set-up nicely for the second series.

I do wish they would spend more time following visitors to the park and a bit less on the overall story arc though. 

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #532 on: February 08, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »

Stranger Things Season 2 trailer is perfect, teasing just enough to get you hyped.  Shame it's such a long way off.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »

Stranger Things Season 2 trailer is perfect, teasing just enough to get you hyped.  Shame it's such a long way off.
Pretty keen.

I started watching The X-Files late last year. Up to season 3 now. Definitely gets much better after season 1 - way less plot holes and "Wait, why didn't they..." moments.

Other then that, watched Crashing - a really different little sitcom that I think is only ever gonna be the single season. A shame as I really loved the characters as it felt like the show went so much further than just the usual skindeep stereotypes and was telling different stories (despite initially seeming like an awful Ross/Rachel setup in episode 1). Really highly recommend this if only so I have more people to discuss it with.

Also watched Crazyhead - fun, good but not amazing, quite crude but it works. Kinda how Family Guy was like "whoa this is a step up from the Simpsons" back in the early 2000s.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #534 on: February 18, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »

I started watching The X-Files late last year. Up to season 3 now. Definitely gets much better after season 1 - way less plot holes and "Wait, why didn't they..." moments.
While it goes a bit crap again towards the end IMO, there's still plenty of good TV in-between.

Never heard of the other two so I'll check them out.  Always on the lookout for some good new TV Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

Great start to the new Better Call Saul season.

Even by their usual high standards, some of the cinematography was stunning.  The tilt-shifted shot on the bridge was amazing.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #536 on: September 05, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »

Just binge watched Into the Badlands and can't wait for season 3.

Some of the cinematography and choreography in the fight scenes is fantastic

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: September 05, 2017, 03:37:41 PM »

What's Into the Badlands about?

Just watchedThe Other Guy, a show created by an ex-breakfast radio host, that's semi-autobiographical. The first three episodes just seemed like random Australiana, but the way it ends is so visceral it's crazy good.

Waiting for the new series of Bojack Horseman. Gonna be mental.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »

Waiting for the new series of Bojack Horseman. Gonna be mental.
Sen the hype and tried to get into it several times and I don't get it.  I'll have to stick with Family Guy.  BunnyMonkey!

What's Into the Badlands about?
Sort of post-apocalyptic setting although the background to what actually happened is very vague and part of the story.  The land is ruled by several Barons and it mainly follows the story of one of their bodyguards (the guy in the video) as he battles to save his family and piece together what happened in the past.

Dodgy politics between Barons, lots of double-crossing and fighting, a touch of supernatural powers (think Jedis) and some really great characters.  Very very watchable.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #539 on: October 03, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »

I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, but thought I'd get in at the beginning of the new series.  Well I hope it improves a lot because the first couple of episodes were trash.

Back to Ray Donovan.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
Jump to: