binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 01:00:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Echoes+
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Echoes+  (Read 22198 times)
EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »

I see it on that there marketplace here in the ol US of A.

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »

I really should remember to stick review links in here  Tongue

http://zeboyd.com/?p=13
Echoes+ is essentially Asteroids: Retro Evolved.

I like that.  Someone gets it  Smiley

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »

What an excellent review.   Grin

Hopefully word should spread.

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »

Found through Googling before anyone asks  Grin

http://gaygamer.net/2009/10/weekly_xbox_indies_102409.html
Echoes+ - 240 MS points. Echoes+ is what would happen if Asteroids was reborn as a twin-stick shooter with Geometry Wars-esque neon glow. And though it may look like Geometry Wars, Echoes+ surpasses it in just about every way. Asteroids, moons, planets, stars, and black holes fly into the level for you to destroy, crumbling into smaller pieces to be destroyed. Unlike similar games, Echoes+ uses a health bar rather than a 1-hit kill policy, which is much appreciated when hundreds of tiny asteroids are floating around the level. There are a number of gameplay modes such as classic, time attack, survival, and more for unique challenges like dodging meteors and fighting snake-like asteroid belts. On a final note, it's also the sequel to the awesome freeware PC indie game Echoes, so be sure to check that out too.

prince caro 19
100 XP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 03:27:52 AM »

first of all
Found through Googling before anyone asks  Grin
lmao.

it seems most reviews say it is as good as, if not better than geometry wars,
so its obvious you did an excellent job. Smiley

i actually got to try out the trial on my friends 360 today (i now realize i should have tried to buy it when he wasnt looking!
oh well, next time...... Smiley ),
it was a very good game,
theres so many modes its like a party game!
i was only able to play it briefly, though,
(the asteroids mode seemed really cool, its what they prolly should have done for the original instead of that stupid (i suck at asteroids) turning system, well done)
but i kinda wish there was a way to make it (in options) like the original echoes, where there is no box thing around the ship.
and i also liked the level system in the original where it starts out with one type of enemy and just keeps on increasing.
echoes+ took out some of the features that helped make echoes unique from geometry wars,
though it was still a blast!
and one more thing i think it could have used is a 2 player co-op mode,
because taking turns sucks! Smiley

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:29:30 AM by prince caro 19 » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »

and i also liked the level system in the original where it starts out with one type of enemy and just keeps on increasing.
Essentially just two levels are different.  Instead of introducing all asteroid sizes over 4 different levels it now happens in just 2 so that the more varied enemies come in quicker.

The early game is much more interesting now IMO and as those 2 levels just last for about 30 seconds it's not really a huge change anyway. Smiley

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »

Not really...the game prgression is alot more natural than Geometry Wars, though each have the pluses! I like them both equally!

Oh yeah, thanks again for the honorable mention Fog Wink
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »

http://www.xblig.co.uk/index.php/2009/10/25/echoes-review
I highly recommend this game to everyone. It will bring hours of enjoyment to everyone.

I'm not going to argue with that  BunnyMonkey!

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:32 PM »

Rather fantastic this one.  And I'm not just talking about the score. It's really well written Kang-a-roo!

http://www.pwnem.com/echoes-review-t-3725.html

prince caro 19
100 XP

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:51 AM »

Rather fantastic this one.  And I'm not just talking about the score. It's really well written Kang-a-roo!

http://www.pwnem.com/echoes-review-t-3725.html
it seems that it is difficult for any reviewer to not call it "asteroids on drugs". Smiley
at first i thought "wow! 9/10? i rarely see critics this generous to any game!" but after reading some of "GaMeR"'s other reviews it seems he gives about an average 8/10. "I was originally considering to give it a higher score" 10/10? that would have been the first time ive seen such a score.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »

it seems that it is difficult for any reviewer to not call it "asteroids on drugs". Smiley
Yeah we get drug references in just about every review about every game.  And the strongest thing I take is caffeine Smiley

at first i thought "wow! 9/10? i rarely see critics this generous to any game!" but after reading some of "GaMeR"'s other reviews it seems he gives about an average 8/10. "I was originally considering to give it a higher score" 10/10? that would have been the first time ive seen such a score.
That's why I said it was really well written.  The comments in a review tell you a lot more than the score ever does and as a developer is a lot more useful for knowing what people like and dislike.

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:09 AM »

Just out of curiosity.

Is there anyway you can get player feedback from the general public that have played the game.
Have you, or are you allowed to put the BZ url within the game to point players here, or is there some way xbox users can give feedback via the xbox itself ?

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »

Just out of curiosity.

Is there anyway you can get player feedback from the general public that have played the game.
Have you, or are you allowed to put the BZ url within the game to point players here, or is there some way xbox users can give feedback via the xbox itself ?
Yeah there is plenty of contact info in the game and I've had plenty of feedback (which TBH I wasn't expecting too much as people can't just click on a URL or something in a 360 game like they could on a PC so getting in touch takes a little bit of effort....something us gamers aren't renowned for Wink )

Also all games on the 360 can be rated by users with E+ currently squeezing into the current Top-20 and out of 500+ Indie games I'm more than happy with that.  Kang-a-roo!

And here's another very satisfying review. Smiley

http://games.emuboards.com/2009/11/04/echoes-review/

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »

Yeah there is plenty of contact info in the game and I've had plenty of feedback (which TBH I wasn't expecting too much as people can't just click on a URL or something in a 360 game like they could on a PC so getting in touch takes a little bit of effort....something us gamers aren't renowned for

Ahh ,ok.  I suspect the pc release will attract some more forum users too.  The more the merrier.   Cheesy

And here's another very satisfying review.

Yeh, more congrats are in order.  Looks like you're getting consistent good, positive reviews.   Grin

Hopefully that will translate into sales.

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »

And another...

http://wastedseconds.com/?p=3112

Kang-a-roo!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Jump to: