binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 10:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  F1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 115 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F1  (Read 234444 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »

Having now seen that Merc in action I've changed my mind....the paint job looks horrible.

The Virgin looks rather nice though and it's the first car ever designed in a computer.  No wind tunnel testing or abything:

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »

Loving the convex nose on that Virgin car, the way it curves in  like that is something I haven't seen before.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »

Loving the convex nose on that Virgin car, the way it curves in  like that is something I haven't seen before.
Quite a few teams are going with that this year.  The Merc from the opening post has it too although it's not obvious until you see it from a different angle.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »

Just to put a dampener on my pre-season excitement the BBC have confirmed their coverage team will remain unchanged this year meaning we have to put up with Jonathan Legard doing main commentary again.  Shame as I love the rest of them.

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »

Just to put a dampener on my pre-season excitement the BBC have confirmed their coverage team will remain unchanged this year meaning we have to put up with Jonathan Legard doing main commentary again.  Shame as I love the rest of them

I actually think Jonathan Legard does an ok job.

But to me, no one will ever live up to thr Murry Walker and James Hunt days.  Classic stuff.  Total opposite characters in and out of the commentary box.  Made for some hilalrious viewing at times.

I really think Jake Humphrey's does an excellent job too.  He's a real natural.

The ITV coverage when it was on was terrible.  Breaking for adverts during racing was a nightmare.  Often missing crucial track incidents while the adverts were playing.

One thing i hope the presenters will do this season, is NOT TO HOLD INTERVIEWS OUTSIDE THE GARAGES.  Invaribly someone fires up an engine and drowns everybody out.  And it's all a bit embarrassing for all.

Duhhh !

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »

I actually think Jonathan Legard does an ok job.
I just wish he'd shut the hell up when the excellent Brundle has something to say.  IMO you can tell he's been brought up doing radio.

I really think Jake Humphrey's does an excellent job too.  He's a real natural.
I thought a kids TV presenter would be a disaster, but fair play, he's really good.

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »

Don't you find Brundle incredibly arrogant though.

Thats the only problem i have with him.

It's almost embarrassing watching him do the grid walk, barging into people and discussions and then walking away without so much as a thankyou.

I do like his occasional 'stop a random person' interview on the grid though.

Granted, he gets the job done in a high stress situation, but even his ( admittadly knowledgable ) commentry comes across as quite arrogant to me as well.

I've seriously gone off the guy over the years.

He also seems vary jaded by the sport.  Arn't we all.   Huh

Comming across in the post race annalysis as uninterested and quite bored by the whole thing.

I know he's also a driver manager to several drivers, so the guys really busy and respected no doubt in the sport, but i'd like to see him replaced by some young enthusiastic blood.

Which is what i think David Coulthard is being groomed for.

TMC
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:01:29 AM by The_Masked_Coder » Logged
PaulCunningham
Playtester
200 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »

I loved the grid walk interuptions :-)

Cheers,
Paul Cunningham
Pumpkin Games
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »

I loved the grid walk interuptions :-)
Me too.  It's the only bit of the otherwise tedious build up I enjoy.

I can see how some people wouldn't like Brundle mind.  I'll happily put up with his arrogance as at least he knows what he's talking about and as a huge football fan, listening to a co-commentator who talks intelligently and can string a sentence together isn't something I'm used to.

Anyway testing at Jerez today and McLaren have unveiled their secret weapon.  Literally.  It looks like a side mounted machine gun  Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »

New Silverstone layout confirmed for this years GP.  No Bridge Corner any more, but since the chicane was added at Abbey that hasn't been as spectacular anyway.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81407

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 11:16:40 PM »

Anyway testing at Jerez today and McLaren have unveiled their secret weapon.  Literally.  It looks like a side mounted machine gun  Smiley
Whuuuuuuuuuuut o.O

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »

New Silverstone layout confirmed for this years GP.  No Bridge Corner any more, but since the chicane was added at Abbey that hasn't been as spectacular anyway.

When i first read that i thought 'You have got to be JOKING.' They have ripped out the famous bridge corner.

But upon further reading, thats not the case.  They're  just not using it.  Instead they're trying a new layout, in the hopes it will improve overtaking oppertunities.

We'll have to wait and see.

I love trying to take Bridge Corner Flatout in a F1 sim.  It's a great corner.

Damn shame about Donington though.  But i think the British GP is always Silverstone.

I remember at one point, they were talking seriously of using Brands Hatch for the British GP.  And thats tiny by comparison.

At least we have a British GP now.  There was alot of talk of there not being one.

TMC

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 07:11:36 PM »

Here's one for us traditionalists then Masked.  The new Lotus (It's American owned IIRC so not a real Lotus IMO, but it looks like one)

And just look at the complexity of the front wing on this thing.  It's insane.

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »

Cool.   Shocked

Wish they would bring back the all black 'John Player Special'.  That was a classic too.

And while i'm at it.  Bring back the Tyrrel 6 wheeler.   Tongue  that would spice things up.

TMC
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:08:50 AM by The_Masked_Coder » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »

Cool.   Shocked

Wish they would bring back the all black 'John Player Special'.  That was a classic too.
One of the most iconic liveries there is.  I also wish Williams would revert to their blue, white & yellow.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 115 Go Up Print 
Jump to: