binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  F1
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F1  (Read 234334 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1695 on: May 28, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »

Could be fun watching Lewis battle through the field from 13th on the grid.  Assuming they've fixed the major handling issues from yesterday.

Great pole from Kimi, although the fact it's his first in 9 years just highlights how relatively poor he's been since he returned to F1.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: May 29, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »

Bit of a disappointing race in some ways - would've preferred to see Kimi bring it home. I reckon it's just a job to him now.

Alonso out of Indy... thanks to, you guessed it - Honda engine failure. Sad Would be great to see him claim the triple crown, though.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1697 on: May 31, 2017, 01:23:07 AM »

Alonso out of Indy... thanks to, you guessed it - Honda engine failure. Sad Would be great to see him claim the triple crown, though.
Yeah Alonso was looking good to be challenging in the later laps.

Not the best weekend for McLaren and Honda.  Engine failure for Alonso, Button crashing trying a stupid pass and Vandoorne crashing out.

Canada next.  Should be a good indication of whether we are going to get good racing with this set of car regulations or not.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: June 25, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »

Is it Sauber considering Honda power next? I'd laugh so hard if McLaren dump them and suddenly they come good.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1699 on: June 26, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »

Is it Sauber considering Honda power next? I'd laugh so hard if McLaren dump them and suddenly they come good.
It would take a hell of a turn around be Honda mind.  Two years with these engines and they were 20mph slower than the leaders through the speed trap.  And reliability is no better with Alonso having a 30 place grid penalty for using too many engines and gearboxes.

Anyway what a race in Baku.  Best of the season easily and one that will long be remembered with so many talking points.

A brilliant win for Ricciardo after being way back at one point.
Stroll getting a brilliant third being overtaken yards from the line and losing out to Bottas by 0.1s.....and Bottas himself crashing on lap 1 and being lapped at one stage. (stupid rule that)
Hamilton being robbed of a win because of having to stop to replace a loose headrest.
Vettel just getting a 10sec penalty for deliberately crashing into Hamilton under the safety car. Should be an automatic disqualification IMO.
The force Indias crashing into each other.  Toro Rosso doing the same.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1700 on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »

Yeah, was a truly wild race. Great to see Ricciardo prove that he's a race winner through and through.

As far as the HAM/Vettel thing goes, brake check or not, Vettel's behaviour was absolutely beyond the pale. Deliberate contact should be an instant black flag, with potential for race suspension. Having just run my first grassroots motorsport event, the idea of people acting like that out on track is horrifying.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1701 on: June 28, 2017, 10:24:17 PM »

Yeah, was a truly wild race. Great to see Ricciardo prove that he's a race winner through and through.
Absolutely.  Easily the most likeable driver in F1.

And as a bonus we get to see Verstappen have another meltdown.

As far as the HAM/Vettel thing goes, brake check or not, Vettel's behaviour was absolutely beyond the pale. Deliberate contact should be an instant black flag, with potential for race suspension. Having just run my first grassroots motorsport event, the idea of people acting like that out on track is horrifying.
Wow that sounds cool.  Smiley

I see the telemetry showed Hamilton didn't brake test him and now Vettel is saying he accidentally steered into him when he pulled alongside him because he took his hand off the wheel  Grin

At least when Schumi intentionally crashed into people he made sure they couldn't race on.

No surprise the FIA are looking into possibly punishing Vettel further, although I can't help thinking the stewards on the day bottled it.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: July 01, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »

Wow that sounds cool.  Smiley

I see the telemetry showed Hamilton didn't brake test him and now Vettel is saying he accidentally steered into him when he pulled alongside him because he took his hand off the wheel  Grin

At least when Schumi intentionally crashed into people he made sure they couldn't race on.

No surprise the FIA are looking into possibly punishing Vettel further, although I can't help thinking the stewards on the day bottled it.
I wonder if it was for the show? Dangerous decision to make, but pulling Vettel in would have cut the battle short.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1703 on: July 04, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »

So the Jean Todt (ex Ferrari CEO) has ruled Vettel (current Ferrari driver) deserves no further punishment for deliberately ramming another car.  No wonder the FIA are often referred to as Ferrari International Aid among other things.

Oh well president set.  Bottas to ram Vettel off the road at the start in Austria knowing it's worth the 10 second penalty he'd get.  Just make sure it's obviously intentional though, because if they think you've done it accidentally you're likely to get a bigger penalty.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: July 06, 2017, 12:50:54 AM »

So the Jean Todt (ex Ferrari CEO) has ruled Vettel (current Ferrari driver) deserves no further punishment for deliberately ramming another car.  No wonder the FIA are often referred to as Ferrari International Aid among other things.

Oh well president set.  Bottas to ram Vettel off the road at the start in Austria knowing it's worth the 10 second penalty he'd get.  Just make sure it's obviously intentional though, because if they think you've done it accidentally you're likely to get a bigger penalty.

Ugh. Filthy.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1705 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »

Man what a boring race.

Austria is never going to give us interesting races under the current formula.  Just a series of  medium length straights and high speed corners.  You need a mixture of high-speed and low-speed sections to really test cars and drivers.

Just as well off-track politics give the media something to talk about.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1706 on: July 12, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »

Man what a boring race.

Austria is never going to give us interesting races under the current formula.  Just a series of  medium length straights and high speed corners.  You need a mixture of high-speed and low-speed sections to really test cars and drivers.

Just as well off-track politics give the media something to talk about.
It's been dull as dishwater for years as you say. I think the most eyebrow raising part of it is people tenuously trying to draw a connection that it's "Red Bull's home race".

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1707 on: July 16, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »

Praying for rain at Silverstone today.  It's looking very possible.

Looks like there might not be a race there after next year as Silverstone aren't renewing their contract.  Not sure if it's just politics though and they are just trying to get a better deal under the new owners than Bernie negotiated?

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: July 17, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

Lewis will be happy with that.

I like the pictures of him with the proper trophy - I guess they knew he'd bag any plastic sponsor monstrosity like the other year.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1709 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:51 PM »

Aside from Lewis leading from start to finish that was an excellent race. Vert entertaining.

And while everyone used to complain about the quieter engines (they soon forgot about that) it was great to be able to hear the crowd cheering at key points during the race.  I think Botas got the biggest cheers when passing the Ferraris Smiley

Poor judgement by Ferrari to push the tyres that hard and it ultimately cost them.  It's well known they can get their tyres up to racing temperature much quicker than the Mercs can, but that obviously comes at a cost.

Could be a good thing for the rest of the season though as some teams might go for the insurance of an extra tyre change which always makes things more unpredictable.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 Go Up Print 
Jump to: