binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  F1
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F1  (Read 234333 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1710 on: July 27, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »

So the Jean Todt (ex Ferrari CEO) has ruled Vettel (current Ferrari driver) deserves no further punishment for deliberately ramming another car.  No wonder the FIA are often referred to as Ferrari International Aid among other things.

Oh well president set.  Bottas to ram Vettel off the road at the start in Austria knowing it's worth the 10 second penalty he'd get.  Just make sure it's obviously intentional though, because if they think you've done it accidentally you're likely to get a bigger penalty.

Ugh. Filthy.
It doesn't get any better...

So the FIA have announced the 'halo' safety device that almost nobody wants is being introduced next year.  Nine of the teams voted against it, with only one team in favour and yet the FIA still decided to introduce it.  Can you guess who that one team was that the FIA sided with?  Tongue

Remember know how a lot of people said 'halo' would make it harder for the driver to get out of the car in an emergency and the FIA disagreed?  Well they are now having to change the safety regulations so drivers are allowed 10 secs to get out of the car instead of the previous 5.  Tongue

Pray there isn't a fire.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: August 01, 2017, 07:43:54 AM »

Stupid decision from the FIA? Never.  Grin

More seriously though it genuinely doesn't seem like the right answer, even from a safety perspective. It's not even an effective barrier to things like the suspension components that hurt Massa (and arguably Senna?).

As far as the last race went, it was entertaining to hear the spats between Hulkenberg and whatsisname and also obviously Ricciardo and Verstappen. Adds a bit of colour, and Australians at Red Bull never seem to get along with their team mates Tongue

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1712 on: August 01, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »

More seriously though it genuinely doesn't seem like the right answer, even from a safety perspective. It's not even an effective barrier to things like the suspension components that hurt Massa (and arguably Senna?).
The Senna accident just wouldn't happen today.  Tecpro barriers, better side impact protection for the drivers heads and tethers stop the wheels and suspension from posing a threat. 

Halo is a solution to problems for which there are already better safety measures in place IMO.

As far as the last race went, it was entertaining to hear the spats between Hulkenberg and whatsisname and also obviously Ricciardo and Verstappen. Adds a bit of colour, and Australians at Red Bull never seem to get along with their team mates Tongue
To be fair the two Australians have been among the most likeable drivers in F1, whereas their teammates are easily the most dislikeable.  I'd love to see Vettel And Vestappen in the same team..

Fair play to Mecedes for swapping Valteri and Lewis over in Hungary when Lewis was clearly faster and then swapping them back at the end so Valteri was on the podium.  Very fair on both drivers.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: August 02, 2017, 05:41:14 AM »

To be fair the two Australians have been among the most likeable drivers in F1, whereas their teammates are easily the most dislikeable.  I'd love to see Vettel And Vestappen in the same team..

Fair play to Mecedes for swapping Valteri and Lewis over in Hungary when Lewis was clearly faster and then swapping them back at the end so Valteri was on the podium.  Very fair on both drivers.
Yeah, absolutely class act. Very sporting.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1714 on: August 23, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »

Back from the break this weekend at Spa.  I can't stand the summer break.  It just seems so pointless when the championship is just gaining momentum.

In other news Ferrari have renewed Kimi's contract for 2018.  Quite disappointed in that TBH.  Kimi seems happy to be No.2 behind Vettel and I'd love to have seen another driver given a chance at a big team.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1715 on: August 24, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »

Back from the break this weekend at Spa.  I can't stand the summer break.  It just seems so pointless when the championship is just gaining momentum.

In other news Ferrari have renewed Kimi's contract for 2018.  Quite disappointed in that TBH.  Kimi seems happy to be No.2 behind Vettel and I'd love to have seen another driver given a chance at a big team.

I find it equally amazing that Massa and Felipe are still racing, neither with any sustained grand successes in the last... how many years?

Yeah, having a big gap like that is just... not done in other sports.

Guess it's nice for everyone to take a holiday but at the same time, I'm sure there's also pressure for everyone to work through the break anyway...

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1716 on: August 24, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »

I find it equally amazing that Massa and Felipe are still racing, neither with any sustained grand successes in the last... how many years?
Yeah I kinda understand why teams want a driver who is happy to play No.2 to someone else, but I do wish they would employ someone to push their No.1 driver.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] Go Up Print 
Jump to: