binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 05:35:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30168 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  The "Not Worth a New Thread" Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Not Worth a New Thread" Thread.  (Read 80488 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »

Updated my Picade with a Raspberry Pi 3....because why not.  BunnyMonkey!

Also decided to remove the internal speaker which I never use, so it's possible to access the Pi's USB ports now for connecting keyboard, mouse, other controllers, extra storage etc..

It's a fantastic little emulation machine. I've got about 20 machines on there now man

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »

sweet! just started developing for the pi myself for my TKIRV project. got myself a Pi zero finally Cheesy

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »

sweet! just started developing for the pi myself for my TKIRV project. got myself a Pi zero finally Cheesy
Nice.  What's the ultimate aim with the RV?  Full automation or still user controlled?

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »

Nice.  What's the ultimate aim with the RV?  Full automation or still user controlled?
We've got plans out to stage IV, which involves indefinite mission length through solar power, and remote control & viewing by human. No autonomy on the horizon.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »

We've got plans out to stage IV, which involves indefinite mission length through solar power, and remote control & viewing by human. No autonomy on the horizon.
Interesting project Smiley

Even without full automation I wonder if it's possible to have the Pi Zero offer driver aids?  A cheap accelerometer could provide some useful readings to react to.  I better stop thinking about it or I might be tempted to try something myself  Tongue

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »

Interesting project Smiley

Even without full automation I wonder if it's possible to have the Pi Zero offer driver aids?  A cheap accelerometer could provide some useful readings to react to.  I better stop thinking about it or I might be tempted to try something myself  Tongue
Yeah there's definitely tons you can do before you run out of megaflops on a Pi Zero. Computing power is ridiculous these days; think about what a Pi Zero can do versus something like an old A500 which is 100s of times larger...

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2016, 12:43:03 PM »

I see the Chinese are testing their "Super Bus".  Very futuristic although it looks like it could create more problems than it solves.  A small truck would mean this thing couldn't go anywhere.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:32 AM »

I see the Chinese are testing their "Super Bus".  Very futuristic although it looks like it could create more problems than it solves.  A small truck would mean this thing couldn't go anywhere.

Pretty cool. I might draw issue with your conclusion though - regular busses can't drive over small trucks either. Tongue But yeah... I think it'd be a very interesting and special kind of road system that would make this useful. Blown away they actually built a rolling prototype so quickly.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »

Pretty cool. I might draw issue with your conclusion though - regular busses can't drive over small trucks either. Tongue
lol  Smiley

Well I was thinking that a traditional bus would only take up one lane of the two lane road so a truck could use the other lane to pass of be passed. Smiley

Think of the chaos if one of these broke down and no other buses of large vehicles could pass.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »

Pretty cool. I might draw issue with your conclusion though - regular busses can't drive over small trucks either. Tongue
lol  Smiley

Well I was thinking that a traditional bus would only take up one lane of the two lane road so a truck could use the other lane to pass of be passed. Smiley

Think of the chaos if one of these broke down and no other buses of large vehicles could pass.
That is a really good point. I can imagine public transport planning is a right headache.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »

We've all seen videos of bugged games but I think Mafia III might well take the award for worst collision detection and AI ever....

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

I like to interpret it creatively that the main character has the power to phase through materials.  Grin

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

I like to interpret it creatively that the main character has the power to phase through materials.  Grin
There's a good game idea in that somewhere  man

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »

Isn't nature wonderful at times.

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com