binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 06:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Hype
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hype  (Read 28730 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »

I'm not one for too much pre release hype.....but I'm totally hyped about these...

AaronF
Musical Maestro
500 XP

Hybrid Two

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

Wow, the facial animations in LA Noire are incredible. Looks like a cool twist on the GTA style as well. I'll definitely be checking it out. Infamous 2 is looking excellent as well.

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »

I thought LA Noire was cool and then I saw the gameplay trailer - it's actually a detective game and not just GTA in 'noir' clothing! Awesome. So buying it.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:47 PM »

Yeah I'd watched the videos about the new facial animation technique and thought it looked cool and that gameplay vid looks like they have the gameplay and atmosphere to go with it.  It looks typical Rockstar.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »

More inFamous 2.  Hyped  Grin

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:25:44 PM »

Some early screenies from the new Oblivion.  Rather lovely and recognisably Oblivion.  I like the sound of the dungeons in this one too where each of the 120 has been designed by hand and has unique items and enemies.  In the previous one they were procedurally generated and mostly only useful for level grinding.

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »

Wow.   Shocked

That does look good.

I'd much rather see game screenshots than some generic video trailer.   Grin

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:39:36 PM »

A bit of Oblivion V in game engine footage.  I seriously can't wait...

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »

I'll have to hold off buying it until my shooter is completed.

I can see this seriously eating into my dev time.

Looks amazing.

TMC
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »

I'll have to hold off buying it until my shooter is completed.

I can see this seriously eating into my dev time.

Looks amazing.
This one's not out until November so you have 9 months to finish your shooter Smiley

Last time I checked I'd spent 140hrs on the previous Oblivion  Tongue

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »

I'm a bit worried about Skyrim, actually... you're fighting dragons now? I also dislike the fact that you are apparently playing the "lead character" or the "chosen one". Sure, that's pretty much the same in all elder scroll games, but the point is that you're supposed to be the background player who pushes other people to do the right thing at the right time while basically staying anonymous. In Oblivion, the King's bastard son was ultimately more important than you despite you doing most of the work.

Also while they said earlier that they switched to completely different engine, that's actually the same old Gamebryo engine just tweaked up a bit. So I'm betting that the same poor character physics and other minor nuisances from Oblivion (...and fallout 3 and fallout new vegas) are going to be there.

The screenies do make it seem like they've gone for the New Vegas type of landscape (more models instead of just the grid terrain) which is good, I think. That combined with hand-crafted dungeons is indeed quite promising. I enjoyed Morrowind a whole lot more for this very reason.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »

I'm a bit worried about Skyrim, actually... you're fighting dragons now?
I've no idea waht part they play yet.  I assume they are just set piece story "missions" in the same way as closing gates in the revious game was?

Also while they said earlier that they switched to completely different engine, that's actually the same old Gamebryo engine just tweaked up a bit. So I'm betting that the same poor character physics and other minor nuisances from Oblivion (...and fallout 3 and fallout new vegas) are going to be there.
I agree the engine is a bit out of date and full of little niggles.  The thing is though I've just had huge fun playing Fallout:NV and all those niggles didn't really spoil that.  Not perfect but I can live with that if the gameplay is good enough.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »

They've just unveiled inFamous 2 will have a level creation tool for user generated missions.  Shocked  Sure as with most user created content most will be crap, but there are sure to be a whole load of great ones too for when you don't want to progress the story and just want a mindless blast....and I did plenty of that in the first game.

I'd love to see more of this in other open world games like GTA, Red Dead, Oblivion....not sure it will happen though as they all currently make extra cash by selling mission packs as DLC

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »

Part 2 of the LA Noire vids explaining the gameplay.  This time investigation and interrogation.  It's looking good and hopefully the case solving isn't entirely linear as in other games where progress effectively stops until you find the right clue to trigger the next FMV.  Kang-a-roo!

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »

As much as I love the hype surrounding the game, there are some worrying aspects like the glowing (blinking even!) evidence and one review said there might be some fistfights that feel a bit out of place.
That said, I'm now a victim of the hype - I preordered the game. Tongue (annoying bit about the "bonus" stuff - You basically miss entire cases if you don't pre-order or order from the wrong place)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
Jump to: