binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 07:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30167 Posts in 1158 Topics by 194 Members
Latest Member: RobertHedge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Hype
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hype  (Read 28695 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »

As much as I love the hype surrounding the game, there are some worrying aspects like the glowing (blinking even!) evidence...
From that latest video it sounds like that only happens as you level-up you intuition, so do well at solving a few crimes and evidence becomes easier to spot.

I thought the same about using Dead Eye in RDR as that felt out of place, so I rarely used it outside of the sections where it forced you to.

That said, I'm now a victim of the hype - I preordered the game. Tongue (annoying bit about the "bonus" stuff - You basically miss entire cases if you don't pre-order or order from the wrong place)
I'm in two minds about that "bonus" stuff too.  I hate it when you need to pre-order from certain places to get these extras, however if this is as great as it looks I would happily pay for DLC so to get it "free" is a bonus.  Then again, if I don't get it then I'll complain that it should have been included in the game in the first place. Smiley

It's everything that's good and bad about DLC.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »

More inFamous 2.  Hell yeah  Grin

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »

Uncharted 3 looking predictably great and I've just read it has split screen co-op too.  Not nearly enough games have that these days Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »

Assassins Creed: Revelations announced.  More hype to follow.  Kang-a-roo!

Latest news on LA Noire is that it will come on 3 DVDs on XBox and 1 Blu-ray on the PS3.  More importantly though they say they made so much game content that they are having to sell it to you as DLC.....because it obviously wouldn't fit on the remaining free 25Gb on the Blu-ray  Tongue

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 02:37:52 AM »

Not hype per se, but it reminds me alot of Duo in a way!

Realised it has been released already *ignore this post*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:26:55 AM by JDog053 » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »

Not hype per se, but it reminds me alot of Duo in a way!

Realised it has been released already *ignore this post*
Still justifies a bit of hype though as there is a multi platform release of a sequel in the works.

Also interesting because Radiangames were the best developer on XBox Indie Games IMO, who recently decided to leave for other platforms due to poor exposure and sales. When the most high profile and one of the most successful developers are leaving the service then something is clearly wrong.

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »

I see what you mean, if they were the best of the bunch, then why leave, obviously slim pickings. Will be good to see what they do. I also had a glance at some of their other games, fantastic quality TBH.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »

I see what you mean, if they were the best of the bunch, then why leave, obviously slim pickings. Will be good to see what they do. I also had a glance at some of their other games, fantastic quality TBH.
An ex-pro dev set up Radiangames and can't make enough to live on through Indie Games even though they were releasing one game every month.  I would say "slim pickings" sounds about right. Smiley

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »

An ex-pro dev set up Radiangames and can't make enough to live on through Indie Games even though they were releasing one game every month.  I would say "slim pickings" sounds about right.

Yeh, i read that too.

And i see from the comments that he's moved over to Unity now.

Theres one guy i've been keeping an eye on and thats Jeff Vogel of http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/

I love reading his blog, very funny.  http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/

He runs a small indie game making business, making RPG games.

Now, this is a pretty niche market but he's able to keep a 3-4 man team afloat writing these games for PC and MAC.
And he's now just released a port for Ipad.

But he's not affraid to post his game earnings on his blog and has some very isightfull comments on making a living from writing games.

So, you may be suprised to learn, that although the majority of Indie's fail to sustain their business, a few such as Jeff, continue making a living from it.

I think he's been an indie now for about 20 odd years.  So, he knows what he's talking about.

TMC
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:36:47 PM by The_Masked_Coder » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »

Theres one guy i've been keeping an eye on and thats Jeff Vogel of http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/

I love reading his blog, very funny.  http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/
Cool.  I'll bookmark that. Smiley

So, you may be suprised to learn, that although the majority of Indie's fail to sustain their business, a few such as Jeff, continue making a living from it.
I think it's definitely possible to live comfortably as an indie.  The main problems are the fact that you can't guarantee that income and you really need to write the sort of games that will maximise your chances of success....and while I'm doing it as a hobby that's not something I want to do.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

I'm in two minds about putting this Gears of War 3 world premier trailer in here as I find it hard to get hyped about a Gears game.  Not sure why as I really enjoyed the first one in co-op.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »

More Skyrim. Even the crappy res of the footage can't stop it looking awesome.  Love the idea of the non scripted dragons roaming the countryside.  As if wandering through certain areas wasn't scary enough.  BunnyMonkey!

T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »

That does look excellent.

I'll definately be buying this game.

The story sounds excellent too.  With the dragon language and abilities.

And the graphics look incredible too.

I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion and have completed it twice.
Still have it installed actually.

Thinking back, i rememebr first buying the Elder Scrolls - Daggerfall for my old 386 and remember having to play it swapping cd's because my hard drive wasn't big enough to install the full game.

The games in the series that i've bought are

Daggerfall
Morrowind
Oblivion

I never bought Arena or the various expansions.

Any idea if an Editor will ship with Skyrim ? as it did with Oblivion.

TMC

Footnote.

Love the Black Sabbath soundtrack to Gears Of War.

Been a Sabbath fan for decades.   Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:37:41 PM by The_Masked_Coder » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion and have completed it twice.
Still have it installed actually.
I managed to rack up 140 hrs on it too.  Smiley

Glad they've updated the engine slightly.  Even though I loved the last Fallout, it was looking very very dated.

Any idea if an Editor will ship with Skyrim ? as it did with Oblivion.
I haven't heard of one, although I'd put my money on yes.  They know PC mods are a big part of previous game's appeal.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

A modern day Populous?  About time someone had a go at one.  Please be good  BunnyMonkey!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
Jump to: