binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 05:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Game Development
| |-+  Guest Dev Blogs (Moderator: JDog053)
| | |-+  Moving to Monkey X for 2D & web stuff
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving to Monkey X for 2D & web stuff  (Read 4236 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »

Monkey X looks and feels much like java and blitz some how blended.
Yeah I have to say I liked the Monkey language structure and syntax when I played around with it.  It was the C++ support in AGK that finally swayed me in that direction.

Prime_8
1000 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 04:31:51 AM »

well Monkey X has miniB3D for it , but it is slow as it is  opeGL that is mobile compatible. LOL

JME3 SDK looks best all round but it has a touch of learning curve , but good videos and community .

Monkey X , will probably end up being my go to for simple 2D things i want user to have and to make custom canvas thing for HTML5 .

i will still plod on with NNG in NF  for now , when NNG is 'done' if no word form Matt or i hit a insurmountable bug before it is done  , i will be forced to abandon NG for anything more than building in-house tools .

~ i 1/2 think i should move to pure OpenGL and build a engine form ground up , and only parts i need as i need .  see if Aaron cna build Kune to be compliant , even if i have to US d3d SDK directly .

its a unsure time for me as far as coding .
I know TMC migh have got a goo d kick out of HardWired for BB , fo rhis RPG  but he's well into that now using DX7 .

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Jump to: