binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Game Development
| |-+  Guest Dev Blogs (Moderator: JDog053)
| | |-+  What I Do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I Do.  (Read 18709 times)
TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »

For a while I had a little temperature sensor running connected to my router, so I could check the temp and humidity at my house remotely. My cousin had worked his system over a little more and had cameras and remote control of things like radios, his alarm, fans, etc., was cool stuff. However, it did get abused... he gave us the password and we'd jump on switching things on and off. He got home from a wedding at midnight and was woken up at 2AM by someone turning his bedroom fan and light on and off Tongue The best bit was the final touch, a BTTF-esque voice synthesizer that greeted him when he returned home.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »

For a while I had a little temperature sensor running connected to my router, so I could check the temp and humidity at my house remotely. My cousin had worked his system over a little more and had cameras and remote control of things like radios, his alarm, fans, etc., was cool stuff. However, it did get abused... he gave us the password and we'd jump on switching things on and off. He got home from a wedding at midnight and was woken up at 2AM by someone turning his bedroom fan and light on and off Tongue The best bit was the final touch, a BTTF-esque voice synthesizer that greeted him when he returned home.
Haha.  Technology is best when it's abused  Grin

New Raspberry B+ specs.  While not a huge jump they obviously don't want to go above their 25 price point so are just adding bits and pieces as component prices drop.  I kinda like that approach. 

http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2014/07/14/5-best-new-features-raspberry-pi-model-b

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »

Have you seen these TheKhakinator?  Crazy stuff.  The notes about their design is arguably more interesting than the sounds they make mind.

http://ciat-lonbarde.net/plumbutter/

http://ciat-lonbarde.net/cocoquantus/index.html

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 05:38:05 AM »

That's some mad stuff.  Grin I always respect people that dabble with modular synths and the like, I'm generally much more a fan of keeping things down the line a little more Wink

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:05 AM »

FYI I just bought for $20 shipped a 5M string of high brightness RGB LEDs. Ridiculous we can make that for $20. WITH a remote and power supply.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »

FYI I just bought for $20 shipped a 5M string of high brightness RGB LEDs. Ridiculous we can make that for $20. WITH a remote and power supply.
Haha I did exactly the same when I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago (around 10 here).  I stuck a rectangle of it around the back of the TV and it's pretty great (the sticky tape on the back isn't very strong so you may need to fix it with some other glue).  Lights up the whole wall in the dark and looks pretty impressive so a couple of people have asked me for details so they can do the same.

I'll get around to messing with controlling it over wifi sometime and then hopefully add game controlled support too.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »

Haha I did exactly the same when I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago (around 10 here).  I stuck a rectangle of it around the back of the TV and it's pretty great (the sticky tape on the back isn't very strong so you may need to fix it with some other glue).  Lights up the whole wall in the dark and looks pretty impressive so a couple of people have asked me for details so they can do the same.

I'll get around to messing with controlling it over wifi sometime and then hopefully add game controlled support too.
Sounds cool, there's a bunch of Ambilight clones on Hackaday I've seen, interested in your eventual implementation!

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »

So I've been showing the Grav-A around lately and shot some video. The campaign's going well but it's going down to the wire. Crowdfunding campaigns are ridiculously stressful. I'd say maybe only try it if you've got a major IP and you /know/ you're going to hit your target. Tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kosBRQw2cg8&feature=youtu.be

With 4 days to go it could go either way. #tense #wakemewhenitsover

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »

So I've been showing the Grav-A around lately and shot some video. The campaign's going well but it's going down to the wire. Crowdfunding campaigns are ridiculously stressful. I'd say maybe only try it if you've got a major IP and you /know/ you're going to hit your target. Tongue

Saw that earlier.  Great vid.  Always good to see user reactions Smiley

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »

Saw that earlier.  Great vid.  Always good to see user reactions Smiley
Thanks! Yeah, was good, everyone that's been trying it has dug it a lot. Just about whether or not that converts to actual sales. Going down to the wire, really rather tense! Exciting though. Just moved into a new place, a townhouse 20mins out of the CBD. Got a nice spot for a desk and to set up my music gear etc. Is nice!

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 10:11:19 PM »

Just moved into a new place, a townhouse 20mins out of the CBD. Got a nice spot for a desk and to set up my music gear etc. Is nice!
Nice.  I'm going to pretend I know what CBD is lol  Smiley

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 08:01:27 AM »

Just moved into a new place, a townhouse 20mins out of the CBD. Got a nice spot for a desk and to set up my music gear etc. Is nice!
Nice.  I'm going to pretend I know what CBD is lol  Smiley
Central Business District - general term to mean the heart of the city. I guess perhaps not used in the UK cause you guys just have "London", whereas we have several distinct major cities spread out by hundreds of kilometers?

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »

Central Business District - general term to mean the heart of the city. I guess perhaps not used in the UK cause you guys just have "London", whereas we have several distinct major cities spread out by hundreds of kilometers?
Ah righty.  Yeah most things are centered in London.  Also we have a lot more, but less distinct cities than you, with many businesses now out of town in trading estates and business parks. 

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 12:49:16 AM »

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/city/inventor-lewin-day-creates-new-single-guitar-pedal-to-replace-multiple-gadgets/story-fni9lkxa-1227095396750
As promised, a link to the article. Actually the second one they've done now, came at a good time, just launched my online store Cheesy

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/city/inventor-lewin-day-creates-new-single-guitar-pedal-to-replace-multiple-gadgets/story-fni9lkxa-1227095396750
As promised, a link to the article. Actually the second one they've done now, came at a good time, just launched my online store Cheesy
Oh man that's fantastic.  Smiley  I didn't realise the direction you were taking Grav Corp in and the big plans you had for it.  I hadn't really thought beyond the crowd funded thing TBH.

Good luck with it all Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
Jump to: