binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Game Development
| |-+  Guest Dev Blogs (Moderator: JDog053)
| | |-+  What I Do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I Do.  (Read 18660 times)
TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »

Enjoy Vietnam.  Try and visit that island bar that they went to in Top Gear.  Actually they made a good job of making the whole country look fascinating.
I actually looked that up - the Ba Hang bar in Ha Long Bay - and I couldn't really find it! From my research prior to leaving, I found a bunch of scattered forum posts of people that had tried to track it down and failed, in the two or three years following Top Gear's visit. I suspect they perhaps moved the bar and possibly even renamed it to escape a growing tourist horde. I didn't get down to Ha Long bay itself (but visited Cat Ba Island) but I've heard it's becoming a bigger tourist thing.

It's a super interesting country, and I greatly enjoyed riding a motorbike/scooter through some of the smaller towns/cities where the traffic only reaches mildly terrifying at peak times.

One problem I did have though was the food. In a lot of the places I stayed, the seemingly local restaurants had strange menus, where you could order some local dishes, or spaghetti, or burgers, or fries, or pizza, or a sandwich... it was quite strange. I guess nobody wants to miss out on a tourist dollar so they try and cater for everyone but I can confirm I ate at some pretty dodgy places. Gastrointestinally, I suffered greatly. Read into that as you will.  Embarrassed

Great trip overall though. Da Nang beach was beautiful. Hoi An's beach was nice too, until we started itching and noticed the oily fuel coating our skin from the little put-put boats. Tongue

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »

Oh god yes, I forgot how terrifying the traffic looked on the that Top Gear episode.  Grin

I look forward to the Youtube uploads Smiley

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2017, 02:01:30 PM »

Oh god yes, I forgot how terrifying the traffic looked on the that Top Gear episode.  Grin

I look forward to the Youtube uploads Smiley

Just a couple from Vietnam actually - some ending clips in the Huawei video I put up yesterday and a video to come of me making a satellite phone call on a plane.   Tongue

I took Vietnam as a bit more of a chill trip. Chinatrip was such a huge effort (and still isn't finished almost 2 years later!) and was awesome fun, but I wasn't convinced I could produce something as watchable given the plans I had for the holiday.

I'm looking at doing a trip with one of the Chinatrip alums next year though, so there may be some action there Wink

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »

Doing lots of car stuff lately which isn't great for Youtube because everyone's already done everything to an MX-5 already. The other day I watched a video of Rob Ferreti using one as a snowplow. Madness.

Been a struggle as due to entertaining circumstances I am couch surfing until I can find a stable lease. It's funny to think that I've moved something like 8 times in 5 years.  Grin

Hoping to get the last episode of Chinatrip out.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »

Been a struggle as due to entertaining circumstances I am couch surfing until I can find a stable lease. It's funny to think that I've moved something like 8 times in 5 years.  Grin
I haven't lived in that many places in my life  Grin

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »

Moved house on the weekend and it was horrid as always.

One of the sheds has a hole in the roof and the toilet is leaking.

All the upheaval of the last 6 weeks or so has really put a dent in my Youtube efforts. Perhaps it's an excuse but I just haven't made good content; it's hard to get good work done when you're crashing on sofa beds and trying to set up a new home.

Hoping for some normality to be restored so I can get good videos out again. I've got the parts, just suffering for the time to build. Still got tons to do getting this place set up.

That and I have a record to release which was supposed to be finished 3 or 4 weeks ago. XD

Bring on summer!

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »

You still manage to put good content out.  The one about developing the Grav Fx was really interesting.

You seem to move around a lot Smiley  Are you looking for somewhere 'permanent' to settle down?  I'm not sure what the house buying and renting situation is like there.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »

You still manage to put good content out.  The one about developing the Grav Fx was really interesting.

You seem to move around a lot Smiley  Are you looking for somewhere 'permanent' to settle down?  I'm not sure what the house buying and renting situation is like there.
Thanks for the feedback. I was pretty happy with that one. Will be interesting to see if it picks up more views over time.

I'll be stuck renting for a long time yet; house prices are rough in Australia. I live in a state where they're much cheaper than elsewhere and even still it's a struggle to put together a deposit.

I'm hoping this place works out and I can just rent here for a few years, haha. I haven't really enjoyed packing everything up on such a regular basis. The one saving grace is that almost all my stuff was already in boxes because I never lived in any one place long enough to properly unpack Tongue

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »

I'll be stuck renting for a long time yet; house prices are rough in Australia. I live in a state where they're much cheaper than elsewhere and even still it's a struggle to put together a deposit.
Much the same here.  I've no idea how young people save enough for a deposit these days.  It's no wonder many are staying at home with parents until their late 20's.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »

Wage growth is the only thing that'll save the proletariat. Would be good!

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »

Moving house and unexpected health issues have left me rather behind on putting out video; I've missed twice now.

I really had to just take the foot off the pedal, unfortunately. I decided that Chinatrip needed to be finished and so I'm dedicating myself to getting it done, when it's done.

Hopefully after that, things can amp up again. Work is sadly busy as hell and there isn't much of a proper break in sight, but I think I'll try and take a week off around my birthday cause f**k this for a laugh.

On a happier note though, the video I'm putting out feels like it's going well and it'll be great to finish it. Onwards and upwards  Cheesy

JDog053
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Sorry to hear about your health, hope it improves!
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »

Moving house and unexpected health issues have left me rather behind on putting out video; I've missed twice now.

I really had to just take the foot off the pedal, unfortunately. I decided that Chinatrip needed to be finished and so I'm dedicating myself to getting it done, when it's done.

Hopefully after that, things can amp up again. Work is sadly busy as hell and there isn't much of a proper break in sight, but I think I'll try and take a week off around my birthday cause f**k this for a laugh.

On a happier note though, the video I'm putting out feels like it's going well and it'll be great to finish it. Onwards and upwards  Cheesy

Take care of yourself mate.  Working yourself to exhaustion, be it for work or other interests, is to nobody's benefit in the long run.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »

Thanks fellas. On the mend now, was a rough few weeks there but hopefully all under control now. Smiley

After much work, I can finally call the Chinatrip series complete. It's a great feeling, but bittersweet in a way. I've finished telling this big story... but now I need to find a new one. More adventures are on the cards, I reckon. Got some great videos coming out after this one, too.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »

Awesome.  Off to watch it now.  From that screenie of an ice-bike I know I'm going to love it already  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
Jump to: