binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 10:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Echoes + Feedback
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Echoes + Feedback  (Read 2059 times)
i208khonsu
1 XP

View Profile Email
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:11:48 AM »

So excited to see Echoes + pop up on Steam. Downloaded and played it immediately. Great to play it on PC after all these years however I was a little bummed out that the default mouse and kb controls don't work as well as they did on the original Echoes. Primarily I can't shoot diagonally.

I also see that I had configured my old copy to move with the mouse and shoot with my joystick. This type of configuration seems impossible to setup through the menus in Echoes+. I'll also add that I'd really like the ability to custom bind up/down/left/right to whatever I want in game, but not even the original had that.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:50:51 AM »

Hi i208khonsui.  Over 7 years since your last post....must be some kind of binary zoo record Smiley

I've actually just replied to your Steam review.  I've already added diagonal firing so that will be in the next update I release.

I can't promise complete customization, but I am reading all the Steam comments and if there is enough demand I will consider them.

My game engine is mobile friendly so eventually I need to add touch and tilt controls too!

DrThunderous
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:31 PM »

Technically, you can cover the diagonal directions by holding either up/down and mashing left/right (up/down have input priority over left/right.) Your ship's cannon takes a split second to rotate to its next firing direction, and by doing the before mentioned tactic, the cannon frantically moves back and forth between those directions thus giving you a wider cone of fire. Very necessary to do this on the higher difficulties where one stray asteroid can downgrade your weapon massively. Smiley

Btw, I don't think you could shoot diagonally in the original echoes either. (correct me if i'm wrong pls)
DrThunderous
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »

Oh wow, the game has been updated with diagonal shooting. This tactic is now invalid, or differently executed. My timing is great. :p lol
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:47 PM »

Hi DrThunderous and welcome.  First off congrats on the amazing scores.  Hopefully diagonal shooting doesn't help you too much or I'm going to need more digits on the leaderboards  Smiley

No, I don't think you could shoot diagonally in the original echoes, but I've written so many versions of it now I can't remember.

If you ever fancy helping test future projects then let me know.  I could do with someone to help test those harder difficulties and I think it's fair to say only JDog of our current testers can do that.  I certainly can't Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: