binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Survival Horror
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Survival Horror  (Read 2968 times)
AaronF
Musical Maestro
500 XP

Hybrid Two

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 12:07:29 AM »

Finished SOMA last night and it did not disappoint. Best horror game I've played in years. Excellent suspense, atmosphere, sound, exploration and story.

While not a "survival horror" in the traditional sense, Dying Light is bloody great.  Free running around the decent sized open world environment is good fun as is the mainly melee combat.

The story is decent and there's plenty of scope for non-scripted scary moments as you scavenge for supplies.  Definitely worth a look.

I was playing that a while ago but stopped for some reason. I should pick it back up sometime.

Until Dawn was a pretty fun game, though not at all scary. Lots of cheap jump scares, almost to the point of being laughable. I can't count how many times they used the "animal jumping out from the bushes" cliche. According to the behind the scenes videos, they even did focus group testing to make sure the game was as scary as possible. That's a little ironic. Still, it had nice atmosphere and the acting was better than usual.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »

Finished SOMA last night and it did not disappoint. Best horror game I've played in years. Excellent suspense, atmosphere, sound, exploration and story.
Must admit SOMA wasn't on my radar, but it looks like I need to check it out.

Until Dawn was a pretty fun game, though not at all scary. Lots of cheap jump scares, almost to the point of being laughable. I can't count how many times they used the "animal jumping out from the bushes" cliche. According to the behind the scenes videos, they even did focus group testing to make sure the game was as scary as possible. That's a little ironic. Still, it had nice atmosphere and the acting was better than usual.
That's next on my list. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Jump to: