binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Music Recommendations
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music Recommendations  (Read 114050 times)
las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 12:04:25 PM »

...hmm. Another album I must check it out!
I like the 'out of nothing' album, even if I don't listen to it very often.

- - -
I'm kinda bummed about music at the moment because my all-time-favourite band just released a really crappy album. Okay, it's not that band, but given how big fan I am...it does suck. Especially since the two first tracks are just plain of the "horrible-80's-disco-wtf-please-make-it-stop" -type. Didn't really feel like listening to the album after hearing those two... fortunately the rest of the album is slightly better. And thank God I didn't pay for it. Tongue (I've pre-ordered all the previous 3 albums)

if you want to hear (and *SEE*, my god what's up with that theme!) something bad, check this:
http://www.myspace.com/kemopetrolband
all of their singles have been pretty bad, except for the first one... (child is my name), but the newest one just makes a new low.

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

Caffeine Monster Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »

*bump*

I don't know if I've mentioned, but I'm a *HUGE* Fatboy Slim fan ... I've got all his albums, and while I haven't got around to listening to "Halfway Between the Gutters and the Stars" yet, I really love all the rest of his music! Smiley It's hard to consistently put out great albums, but Fatboy has yet to disappoint me.

Anyway, he released a new single called That Old Pair Of Jeans a couple of weeks ago ... absolutely fantastic stuff! You can listen to single on his myspace account, but I'd recommend scrolling down a bit and watching it's music video first

http://www.myspace.com/fatboyslim

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

Hmmm, I listened to a band called Becoming the Archetype, the album was called Terminate Damnation.  My bro-in-law is into Christian Death-Metal/Hardcore Rock type stuff, and they were pretty cool :-)

I didn't know what to write here, so I thought I might fill up the space uselessly, to give you something to read.  I know this is a blatant waste of bits and bytes, but if you would be so kind, don't hate me for it.  I only sit here and type because I am bored.  And you are too, my friendly reader.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 09:49:21 PM »

Hmm Fatboy Slim eh.  Really love his more quirky tracks and his videos are always ace and that new one is no exception.

I do have a problem with some of his stuff though.  When he tries to do a serious track he often comes across as a poor version of Moby and his dance stuff is a poor version of the Chemicals.

Stick to what you're good at Norman.....either that or reform The Housemartins Wink

PS. he still hasn't topped Dub Be Good to Me IMHO.

Hmmm, I listened to a band called Becoming the Archetype, the album was called Terminate Damnation.  My bro-in-law is into Christian Death-Metal/Hardcore Rock type stuff, and they were pretty cool :-)

I listen to loads of music covering a wide variety of styles but can't say I've ever listened to Christian Death-Metal.....which sounds like a contradiction if ever I heard one Smiley

dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »

Yeah, it is a rather strange combination at times, but it pulls off rather well.  Except you can't really understand what they are saying (which is what christian stuff is suppose to do.. LOL)  Anyway, on their own merits they were rather good though.

I didn't know what to write here, so I thought I might fill up the space uselessly, to give you something to read.  I know this is a blatant waste of bits and bytes, but if you would be so kind, don't hate me for it.  I only sit here and type because I am bored.  And you are too, my friendly reader.
las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 11:26:35 PM »

Christian Death-Metal
that always cracks me up. Smiley

EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 12:02:05 AM »

Haha Christian Death Metal is awful... It gets rid of the whole point of it being death metal. Whats next, Muslim Black Metal?

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 12:10:01 AM »

Now what would be funny would be athiest hymns...  THAT would be irony :-)

EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

Athiest Hymn:

NOTHING!!!!
THERE IS NOTHING!!!!
NOT EVEN US!!!!
NOT EVEN A BUS!!!!
NOTHING!!!!
THERE IS NOTHING!!!!

*Insert 12 minutes of silence here*

NOTHING!!!!

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

Caffeine Monster Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 01:48:01 AM »

Hmm Fatboy Slim eh.  Really love his more quirky tracks and his videos are always ace and that new one is no exception.
Yeah, his quirky tracks are always the best. I remember working on an algebra assignment late into the night some time last year while listening to "Better Living Through Chemistry" for the first time ... as I was working away the "Give the po' man a break" sample played ... I literally dropped my pencil and burst out into laughter! Grin

Other great (but not well known) quirky tracks include "In Heaven", "Don't let the man get you down" and "You're not from Brighton".

I do have a problem with some of his stuff though.  When he tries to do a serious track he often comes across as a poor version of Moby and his dance stuff is a poor version of the Chemicals.
Have you listened to Palookaville? He does a couple of serious tracks on it which IMO are pretty good ... North West Three is my favourite track on the album and it *really* used to have an effect on me ... I couldn't quite listen to that song and do anything else at the same time. I'm trying to think of other serious tracks he did, but can't really think of any ... which ones come to mind for you?

I like Moby's stuff but only some of it. Alot of it feels dull or same-y. I only like the first half of Play, and there are quite a few stinkers on Hotel. And that's what I really like about Fatboy ... there very few stinkers on a Fatboy album, and all his tracks sound completely different.

As for dance ... yeah, the Chem Brothers are definitely the kings. Some of Fatboys dance tracks are good, but they don't reach the "thumping beats" heights that the chem bros do.

PS. he still hasn't topped Dub Be Good to Me IMHO.
Can't say I've heard it ... or any of Norman Cooks pre-Fatboy songs ... worth hunting down or what?

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
Michael_King
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 02:33:22 AM »

My favorite Fatty Slim tracks are Acid 8000, Right Here Right Now, Build It Up Tear it Down, and Weapon Of Choice... All unique, and classic memorable tracks.

Tiesto, TranceMasters, Chicane and Junkie XL are super too.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 09:47:24 AM »

Have you listened to Palookaville? He does a couple of serious tracks on it which IMO are pretty good ...
Yes and they are pretty good.  Not saying I don't like him, just that others are better.  Like I said I'd much rather he stuck to the original and unique stuff he's so good at.

I like Moby's stuff but only some of it. Alot of it feels dull or same-y. I only like the first half of Play, and there are quite a few stinkers on Hotel.
Not gonna argue with that.  Few artists can match Moby when it comes to producing songs of such wildly differing quality.

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »

haha... Chris you must be pretty happy about this choice:
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/webpages/embracex24x05x06
( I'm sure you've heard it like gazillion times already, but just letting everyone else see that cheesy video. Smiley )

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

haha... Chris you must be pretty happy about this choice:

Actually no. Smiley  I like Embrace a lot but that's certainly not one of their best efforts and as a footy terrace sing-along it's no good.

Footy songs should be simple, repetitive and capable of being sung by a bunch of drunken middle aged fat blokes Smiley

Ah well as the only footy fan around here I guess this is as close to a footballing discusion as we are going to get.  Come on England!  Smiley

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 07:49:12 AM »

apparently, that's not all:
http://www.myspace.com/britishwhale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zox1rxmK5Hk&search=crazy%20frog

I couldn't force myself to listen to those, but maybe you can.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Print 
Jump to: