binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 01:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Game Development
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Graphics We Like
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graphics We Like  (Read 156050 times)
Stones
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:00 AM »

IMO, and what do I know about graphics  Tongue ,  if you're doing something as extreme as that monochrome effect then you still need https://www.gabeba.com/testo-fuel-review-results with a bit of testo fuel variety.  The Unfinished Swan is still the best example I've seen where the first section is all monochrome and then it slowly introduces colours.  One later level has a similar colour scheme to that above, but introducing a different coloured light turns it from drab and boring to gorgeous.

That "lighting" there makes all the difference, definitely.

I love this style.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:39:17 PM by Stones » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #541 on: March 16, 2017, 12:29:29 PM »

A close-up of Alloy's face in game from Horizon Zero DawnShocked

That texturing, the shadows, the world even reflected in her eyes....amazing.  man 

And it plays as good as it looks.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »

Insanely beautiful. Meanwhile I'm playing PUBG which looks like ass and runs even slower. Even on my i7 w/16GB RAM. I am running a Geforce 850M though. Tongue

Playing An Aspie Life. Stunning 16 bit visuals reminiscent of Blade Runner.

Pretty darned cool. Stylistic choices like having other people represented as mere black shadows to represent how those with Aspbergers can struggle to understand body language.

https://gamejolt.com/games/an-aspie-life/209217/download/build/514803

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2017, 04:01:27 AM »

Drift Stage looks dope af.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Drift Stage looks dope af.

Yeah that looks great. 

Insanely beautiful. Meanwhile I'm playing PUBG which looks like ass and runs even slower.
Totally off-topic....
I watched a big PUBG tournament on Twitch last night for the first time and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  They really do need to find a new way of showing the action though. 

Constantly switching between various players' first-person views just gets confusing and gives you little idea of what's really happening.  The only alternative view they showed was the entire map with tiny icons moving about.  You'd think they would use more free-roaming spectator cams where you could view the action in 3rd person.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »

Totally off-topic....
I watched a big PUBG tournament on Twitch last night for the first time and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  They really do need to find a new way of showing the action though. 

Constantly switching between various players' first-person views just gets confusing and gives you little idea of what's really happening.  The only alternative view they showed was the entire map with tiny icons moving about.  You'd think they would use more free-roaming spectator cams where you could view the action in 3rd person.
Ha! Yeah. That would be ideal. What's stupid is how much the developers suck at getting the basics right. I guess that's the usual thing that happens though when you blow up that fast.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #546 on: December 07, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

Making it easy to follow for spectators might not be as easy as I thought TBH. 

Covering esports like football or cricket (don't mention the cricket) or motor racing is pretty straightforward as TV broadcasting has already established an accepted way to relay the action to viewers. 

I'm struggling to think of what the TV equivalent of a FPS would be though.  How do you give viewers an idea of the big picture without just showing dots on a map?

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Making it easy to follow for spectators might not be as easy as I thought TBH. 

Covering esports like football or cricket (don't mention the cricket) or motor racing is pretty straightforward as TV broadcasting has already established an accepted way to relay the action to viewers. 

I'm struggling to think of what the TV equivalent of a FPS would be though.  How do you give viewers an idea of the big picture without just showing dots on a map?

Yeah, the problem is very dependent on individual games.

In the case of these mass FPSs, you've got tons going on at once - far more single-ball games like cricket, and still more than the average motor race, too.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Up Print 
Jump to: