binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Nintendo (Wii, DS etc)............................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nintendo (Wii, DS etc)............................  (Read 127152 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »

No HD on the wii? Ghey...

Well as it last gen gfx (Game Cube+) HD would be overkill.

Thats one selling point the PS3 has over me is the fact that I have 3 HD TV's in the house now, and a large LCD monitor which can achieve HD quality, plus the fact i'm a crazy audiophile, makes it so I can take advantage of what it has to offer.

You almost get a 360 and a Wii for the price of a PS3.  So Wii gaming uniqueness plus 360 HD gfx.....problem solved!

EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

Don't like sony eh?  Grin

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 12:41:46 PM »

Don't like sony eh? Grin

Far from it. I've got a PSone, a PS2 and a PSP and have had a huge amount of fun with them all. I have on many occasions on LLRGT & MN defended Sony against some of the fanboy rubbish that's written about them and I will, at some stage, get a PS3.

However, unlike what appears to be most people, I am not a fanboy of any particular console manufacturer. I'll take each one on it's merits, no doubt end up buying them all of them anyway Tongue ....but at least that way I can play all the best games released.

And at the end of the day it's the games we play and not the consoles. Smiley

dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »

The PS2 was backward compatable which seemed like a great idea at the time as I had a load of PSone games....I tested it on one game and never used it again.

The thing that kept me from playing PS1 games on the PS2 was the huge leap in graphics from the 1 to 2.  No denying the stark difference in graphics quality.  But from what I've heard, the Wii's graphics won't be leaps and bounds better graphically over the GC...  Perhaps that will help us play GC games more often?

I didn't know what to write here, so I thought I might fill up the space uselessly, to give you something to read.  I know this is a blatant waste of bits and bytes, but if you would be so kind, don't hate me for it.  I only sit here and type because I am bored.  And you are too, my friendly reader.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »

The thing that kept me from playing PS1 games on the PS2 was the huge leap in graphics from the 1 to 2.  No denying the stark difference in graphics quality.  But from what I've heard, the Wii's graphics won't be leaps and bounds better graphically over the GC...  Perhaps that will help us play GC games more often?
Good point.  There's certainly a good argument for that.

Your point about not going back to the PSone after the PS2 is also important.  People will often say (myself included) that graphics aren't important and that's true to an extent but there's no getting away from the fact they often play a huge part in not just how a game looks but also how it plays.

Along similar lines I've hardly touched the PS2 since I got the 360.  I could for example play Fight Night Round 3 on either but would it be any less enjoyable on the PS2 with less realistic graphics?  Hell yes.

That's where the Wii comes in.  It wont be able to compete on the traditional gaming front but it will be able to offer something that neither of the other 2 consoles can and that's obviously the controller.  Without that it couldn't compete.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »

Now the Wiimote has a microphone as well as a speaker in it. 

Sounds like a great idea (no pun intended) although I'm not sure if you're supposed to use it for in game chat too. 

Not sure how that will work if you're swinging the thing around like a lunatic.  Hopefully there will be a proper headset too.

dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »

I can just imagine playing Star Wars: Lightsaber Battle with a speaker in the Wiimote...  That'll be pretty swooft.   Its sad... I had a dream last night I was playing a Wii...  :-)

I didn't know what to write here, so I thought I might fill up the space uselessly, to give you something to read.  I know this is a blatant waste of bits and bytes, but if you would be so kind, don't hate me for it.  I only sit here and type because I am bored.  And you are too, my friendly reader.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 10:23:01 PM »

I can just imagine playing Star Wars: Lightsaber Battle with a speaker in the Wiimote...

I think that's the first thought that corssed everyones mind.

Its sad... I had a dream last night I was playing a Wii...  :-)

You're right, that is sad j/k Wink

Anyhoo proof Nintendo stole the idea.  The original Wee games.....
http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=866

Sorry, couldn't resist Smiley

Prime_8
1000 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »

insane .

LOL

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 09:13:06 PM »

Now this is interesting.  So even if you can't get something officially released on the virtual console there may well be another option of reaching the mass market Smiley

A still-in-development simple dev tool will be made available to users through the Connect24 network. It will allow users to create a simple game in 2D or simple 3D and share it with the world. This will hopefully be available on the network by launch.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=revolution&message.id=1260806&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Prime_8
1000 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »

content at link removed . Tongue

dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:36 PM »

$5-$10 (US) for classic games on the Wii!  Wiiiiii indeed :-)

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 10:07:10 PM »

$5-$10 (US) for classic games on the Wii! Wiiiiii indeed :-)

Hopefully that's not the price for all of them.  I'd expect the older or less popular ones to be virtually given away.  I mean Geometry Wars on the 360 for example is totally new content and is only something like 3.  Tongue

dadrew1
200 XP

Hey Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:03 PM »

Well, for that matter, you can get emulators to do the same for free :-)

Games that should sell less than $5 are normally the ones that no one will ever buy for any price or want to pay anyway.  Probably doesn't hurt to have them there.  But there are a lot of games that you can't buy for less that $20, heck a lot of times more like $35-$40 or something for very popular SNES games (I think Chrono Trigger goes for that at normal used game places.)...  We'll just have to see how it comes out :-)

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

Caffeine Monster Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »

I think a couple of the Nintendo first-party titles will be given a way ... using iconic titles like Super Mario World to lure people into the Virtual Console would be a very smart move.

I'm also guessing that N64 games will be the ones retailing for $10, SNES games around the $5 mark, and NES games at sub-$5 prices.

Yeah, it may be a bit steep, but honestly, Nintendo are still providing excellent value-for-money ... with perfect gamecube emulation (I'm almost positive ... I mean, its hardware emulation!), a free online service, the whole connect24 thing (dunno how long that'll last though ... how much new/free content do they have?), low licsense fee's for developers, and *hopefully* keeping the games price-point at current gen rates, $250 for the console and a tenner max for retro games isn't all that bad.

I'll be first in line for mariokart64 ... in order for the Wii to gain "legitimacy" in my house, I have to attempt to please everyone ... mk64 gets the one sister happy, warioware smooth moves for my mum and other sister, and my dad ... well, can't please 'em all, can we? Smiley

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Up Print 
Jump to: