binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 06:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Sony (PS3, PSP etc).................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony (PS3, PSP etc).................  (Read 110479 times)
SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

Caffeine Monster Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »

*DROOLS*

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74612

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »

You know technically that screenie isn't anything special but there's just something about the style of Wipeout that means it looks superb.  Kinda realistic but not going all out for that photo-realistic look.

In a way I hope they stick to that for the PS3 version.  Sure it would be superb racing through ultra realistic environments but it might lose something of it's character.  Also I wonder why nobody else has quite managed to nail that Wipeout feeling?

Anyhoo I'm waffling.  Roll on September Smiley

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:21:23 AM »

In a way I hope they stick to that for the PS3 version.  Sure it would be superb racing through ultra realistic environments but it might lose something of it's character.
I think Sony acknowledges that, and will allow Sony Liverpool to maintain the style. And besides, there's no reason we can't have a bit of both ... notice that one of the screenshots (the fifth one) we've got the wipeout style track & vehicles, set over a realistic looking desert terrain. Which, in fact, I quite like ... it's a neat blend between realistic and abstract environments.

Moreover, if Sony want to impress the masses with some jaw-droppingly good graphics, they'll keep the abstract style. We all know that with the right developer, abstract graphics can look a hundred times more stunning than realistic graphics.

Also I wonder why nobody else has quite managed to nail that Wipeout feeling?
It's on my todo list Smiley

And for once Europe doesn't get shafted ... no North American date set as yet!

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 11:45:49 AM »

I thought about getting a ps3... Then decided I'll wait. The way they're not selling around here, soon stores will give them out for free  Tongue

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 07:12:07 PM »

Also I wonder why nobody else has quite managed to nail that Wipeout feeling?
It's on my todo list Smiley
Cool.  well the basics of creating the track should be pretty straight forward as would the players craft and control system. (Although it would obviously need some serious tweaking to get the handling to feel right)

If I ever did one I'd be tempted to ditch all the weaponry and go for a straight out racer.....not that I ever will.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:38:05 AM by fog » Logged

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 10:50:19 PM »

As you probably already know, I have quite a long todo list, so who knows when I'll get around to implementing any of this, but ...

A spot-on assessment there. In terms of doing a 3d game, this is pretty much as simple as they get while still looking reasonably "pro". The controls and physics are definitely going to be a case of "simple to implement, take ages to tweak".

In terms of weapons, I *almost* agree. I wouldn't go for the all-out wipeout "pickup weapons, fire at enemies" style of gameplay ... I'd have weapons, but they'd be secondary to the main event (the racing), and more importantly, be effortless to control. So I'd have the player focus on the actual racing, and the weapons would be there, but wouldn't actually take the players attention away from the racing significantly.

Mo

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »

As you probably already know, I have quite a long todo list, so who knows when I'll get around to implementing any of this, but ...
Heh sounds familiar.  3 new development ideas per day and 1 game release per year.  Hmm....somewhere the maths doesn't add up.

And what I meant to post previously before getting distracted by an 8 year-old covered in chocolate (truly the most disturbing of images when you are surrounded by tech)....
And for once Europe doesn't get shafted ... no North American date set as yet!
Multi-region isn't it Smiley  Just import like I would normally have to do.

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »

And what I meant to post previously before getting distracted by an 8 year-old covered in chocolate (truly the most disturbing of images when you are surrounded by tech)....
Sounds delightful Smiley

Multi-region isn't it Smiley  Just import like I would normally have to do.
True! Although I'll be back in school around that time, so no PSP gaming for me! Sad  If it's not out by December, then I'll have no choice but to import. Smiley

Mo

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/09
AHAHAHAHAHHA.
PS3 isn't as bad as everyone thought, eh?   Grin

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/09
AHAHAHAHAHHA.
PS3 isn't as bad as everyone thought, eh?   Grin
Good or bad you don't really want to take too much notice of what the internet says about consoles.  There are far too many fanboys and anti-*inset company name* people around to get a balanced view. Smiley

And don't forget that now the PS3 is the underdog it's ok to like it......until next week.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 11:20:12 AM »

I've been trying for weeks now to get a friend of mine to look at Little Big Planet. Unfortunately, he just doesn't want to believe... Tongue
)

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »

I've been trying for weeks now to get a friend of mine to look at Little Big Planet. Unfortunately, he just doesn't want to believe... Tongue
)
lmao.  Well it's one of the very few pieces of software that's gotten me excited recently.   Kang-a-roo!

Mind the last to do that was probably Spore and now I'm sick of hearing about that.  It might turn out to be the best game ever but it still couldn't live up to the hype.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

New LBP vid and even more awesome than before.  Check out the tank  BunnyMonkey!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21598.html?type=flv

Wow  Kang-a-roo!

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... *goes into state of unconsciousnesS*

FREAKING AMAZING I WANT THAT GAME!!!
lol wow.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... *goes into state of unconsciousnesS*

FREAKING AMAZING I WANT THAT GAME!!!
lol wow.
LBP is quite possibly the best looking thing I've ever seen.  might play like crap but....
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/938583/6174874/littlebigplanet-stage-demo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Go Up Print 
Jump to: