binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 03:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30167 Posts in 1158 Topics by 194 Members
Latest Member: RobertHedge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Sony (PS3, PSP etc).................
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sony (PS3, PSP etc).................  (Read 110358 times)
TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: January 22, 2015, 11:52:45 PM »

Going to visit a mate soon to play this. Can't wait to try it for real.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »

Going to visit a mate soon to play this. Can't wait to try it for real.
It's amazing and just as important as the graphics it plays really well too.

My only complaint is there still isn't a decent and affordable wheel for the PS4.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2015, 08:53:37 PM »

Finally the Suspend/Resume feature is supposed to be coming in this months firmware update.  Better late than never.

Being able to drop in and out of a game without having to wait for the OS and game to load will be great.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #438 on: April 19, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »

So I've been using the European Playstation Now Beta and well, it just works. Hard to believe it's streaming the games and I'm not actually playing a PS3 game on an actual PS3.

I'm not as impressed by the individual game rental prices, but give me a monthly Netflix style eat-all-you-want subscription access to PS1, PS2 & PS3 titles and it could be fantastic.

A chunk of the Playstation back catalog playable on PS3, PS4, Vita, Smart TV's, tablets etc.  The future?

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #439 on: October 27, 2015, 10:19:16 PM »

I see Sony just announced Gran Turismo Sport for the PS4 and said it will be PS VR compatible.  Nice.

And Driveclub just got an update to add Bikes  man

Handling is certainly on the arcadey side and boy am I glad.  It feels fantastic and the sense of speed, particularly in helmet cam, is immense.

If you're mad enough you can drive at night in the snow  Tongue

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2015, 12:46:08 AM »

I see Sony just announced Gran Turismo Sport for the PS4 and said it will be PS VR compatible.  Nice.

And Driveclub just got an update to add Bikes  man

Handling is certainly on the arcadey side and boy am I glad.  It feels fantastic and the sense of speed, particularly in helmet cam, is immense.

If you're mad enough you can drive at night in the snow  Tongue

whoaaaaa

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2015, 01:11:05 PM »

whoaaaaa
They have just confirmed they have Driveclub running on Playstation VR too.  Can you imagine that motorbike race in VR.  Oh man  man

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2015, 02:47:13 AM »

whoaaaaa
They have just confirmed they have Driveclub running on Playstation VR too.  Can you imagine that motorbike race in VR.  Oh man  man
When do they get to the point where it's so real, the average player becomes rubbish because the fear kicks in? Tongue

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »

When do they get to the point where it's so real, the average player becomes rubbish because the fear kicks in? Tongue
Too late for that.  Driveclub, either cars or bikes, already scares me to the point where I can't floor it on the straights for fear of crashing.  Tongue

I think the fact I only ever race from a first person camera (cockpit, helmet cam etc) probably contributes to that.  Chase camera etc don't have the same effect.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:01 AM »

Too late for that.  Driveclub, either cars or bikes, already scares me to the point where I can't floor it on the straights for fear of crashing.  Tongue

I think the fact I only ever race from a first person camera (cockpit, helmet cam etc) probably contributes to that.  Chase camera etc don't have the same effect.
That's pretty cool. To be honest, I always think sense of speed is tough to get in games like this. I felt much better at Project Gotham 2 than Forza 1 because PGR 2 gave me a strong sense of speed and I could anticipate what I needed to do for the next corner. Forza, I had no real feeling of how fast I was going and would overcook it into corners and hit the sand over and over again. Interestingly we would struggle to play PGR 2 with the volume down - the sound effects were integral to knowing how fast you were going or something on a subconscious level. Need to try Driveclub to see how it stacks up in this regard.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2015, 02:15:32 AM »

Real enough yet? Smiley

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »

Real enough yet? Smiley

You're not gonna tell me that's in game footage? No way! But I guess if we reached that point in movies a few years back where CGI is getting close to photoreal, I guess it's not long till we can do it in realtime...

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »

So tech talk....

The PS4 has 8 cores.  SInce launch developers have been able to access 6 of those, with 2 reserved for use by the OS.  Well apparently a recent update gave developers to a 7th core giving a boot to performance.

Not sure how much of a practical difference that actually makes, but more performance is always good and can only widen the gap to the XBox One versions of multi-platform games.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #448 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »

Gran Turismo Sport looking fantastic.  Sure is taking its time though....as usual.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
Jump to: