binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 06:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Diary of a Game
| | |-+  The Binary Zoo Bog
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Binary Zoo Bog  (Read 606917 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2415 on: July 10, 2017, 10:38:07 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Still seems to be going down well.  Lots of positive reviews and some interesting feedback that I can learn from. Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2416 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »

Added proper Steam Achievements to 1982.  Now in the process of adding them to e+ too.

I know from feedback that some people wont even play a game unless it has Achievements so that's another useful addition to my dodo game engine for future projects Smiley

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2417 on: July 17, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »

Added proper Steam Achievements to 1982.  Now in the process of adding them to e+ too.

I know from feedback that some people wont even play a game unless it has Achievements so that's another useful addition to my dodo game engine for future projects Smiley
Neat! Does the game come with Steam trading cards?

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2418 on: July 17, 2017, 01:20:39 PM »

Neat! Does the game come with Steam trading cards?
Nah Smiley  Mainly because I was dubious about the benefits of adding them after launch and the strain it would put on my artistic abilities BunnyMonkey!

I'd do it for future Steam releases though.

EDIT:
I've just found out AGK supports VR.  I need to delve deeper  BunnyMonkey!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:22:21 PM by fog » Logged

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2419 on: July 20, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »

Steam Achievements now added to Echoes+ too. 

A very simple process once you've done it once, although my artistic struggles does tend to slow the process down.  BunnyMonkey!

Tackling the Mac versions of Echoes+ and 1982 for Steam now.

The end is in sight.....I see a new project approaching over the horizon....what could it be?.....seriously does any one know what it should be?  man

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2420 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »

Looks like some Windows update has screwed up mp3 playback in AGK for some people so the latest Steam version of E+ has no music for them  BunnyMonkey!

AGK were dropping MP3 support and moving over to OGG sometime anyway, this has just brought matters forward a bit. (Unlike MP3, OGG is supported on all platforms)

Anyway I've rewritten the music part of my dodo engine to use OGG now.

And I've added video playback support to dodo too.  I'm sure I'll find a use for it Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2421 on: July 31, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »

Added sound and image memblocks to the dodo engine now. (memblocks are just a way of modifying the data in memory that makes up, in this case, sound and images)

I'm not sure what I will use the sound memblocks for just yet, although it would let me port my Zynth sound generation code from Unity to AGK if I desired.  The image memblocks are way more important though as they are what I used to draw the coloured background in mono.  Smiley

Next I'm doing mesh memblocks which allows me to modify meshes and models.  I could use that to produce the background distortions for a new version of mono although I've also tested doing that with shaderzzz so....options  man

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »

Please tell me you're doing a new mono! Cheesy
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2423 on: August 01, 2017, 12:49:46 PM »

I couldn't possibly comment.  man

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2424 on: August 02, 2017, 05:43:41 AM »

I couldn't possibly comment.  man
I fully expect a WWI themed factory micromanagement sim that incorporates a heavy JRPG-style character development system for plant workers with a strong focus on interpersonal relationships, and a side serving of having to deal with outside political forces. Production Hell In The Early Days of Standardised Parts Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2425 on: August 02, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »

I fully expect a WWI themed factory micromanagement sim that incorporates a heavy JRPG-style character development system for plant workers with a strong focus on interpersonal relationships, and a side serving of having to deal with outside political forces. Production Hell In The Early Days of Standardised Parts Smiley
Am I really that predictable  Grin

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2426 on: August 02, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »

Am I really that predictable  Grin
Oh yeah. Can't wait till the glowing reviews of PHITEDSP start flowing in. Catchy, ain't it? Tongue

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2427 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »

Currently restructuring a few things in the dodo engine.

In some cases that means adding stuff that will be needed for multi platform support (various controls, high-score tables, Achievement systems) and elsewhere removing things to simplify development and, just as importantly, post release support.

For example my news system could previously handle 6 news updates, whereas one per platform is more than adequate and, more importantly, much easier to maintain.

Similarly I need to streamline the menus and options.  On PC it's the norm to provide lots of options, but in truth few would complain if they were simplified in line with the requirements on mobile.

Things like "movement speed" that I have included would be necessary if I tweaked the movement speed properly in the first place  BunnyMonkey!

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2428 on: August 22, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »

Good old optimisation (Y)

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2429 on: August 23, 2017, 07:27:34 PM »

Back from a break.   BunnyMonkey!

Funny how being somewhere where you can't code fills your head with ideas and new found enthusiasm.  I assume it's the same with other creative pursuits?

And....

Currently converting the dodo engine to handle 3D.   man

Initially you think all there is to do is swap sprites out for models, but there's a surprising amount to do.... New loading routines, new model display routines, new animation (that can wait  Tongue ), all new camera and associated camera fx routines, new Ai/movement routines, new collision routines etc.

Enjoying it though Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 Go Up Print 
Jump to: