binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2018, 09:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Diary of a Game
| | |-+  The Binary Zoo Bog
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Binary Zoo Bog  (Read 606271 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »

Cool pictures.

Well, one thought that springs to mind, is that Jeff Minter, always used to include Pause modes in his games.  These were either, sub games, or graphical interludes.  I remember Iridis Alpha had 2 or 3 of them.

Thats one thing i always thoght echoes needed.  Was something, to break up the relentless onslaught of the enemies.  At times, i just wanted an interlude or a pause mode to slow down the hectic action.

How about for Tension, a Minter Esq, graphical pause mode, lots of swirling graphics as a side distraction for player when they just want to take 5.

TMC

Ps.  Nice piccies Donny.

Yeah good call.  A pause mode makes more sense than hiding it away as an easter egg that most people will never see. Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

Long time no update Smiley

Well current circumstances mean working on a big project like Tension has again had to be put on hold for now.  So I've gone back to doing what I was working on while ago and thats polishing up a couple of my old demos to see if they are worth developing further.  One of these (aura) is already playable but I'm not convinced it's any good and it's also currently also a bit too close to EEE for my liking....but hey, that's the point of doing a demo Smiley  There might be a good game in there but I'm going to need to tweak the gameplay a bit if it's going to be worth doing properly.

Aside from that I have a few puzzle game demos in progress which are probably better suited to a mobile platform (aren't most puzzle games though) but these are actually shaping up to be quite playable.  News as they progress.

SiN
Escaped from The Zoo
500 XP

Caffeine Monster Software

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »

better suited to a mobile platform
Colour me excited. Smiley

Mo

binary zoo mobile developer | 32x32 . duotrix . geomex . smiley's shooty adventure . by caffeine monster software | my blog
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »

better suited to a mobile platform
Colour me excited. Smiley
lol.  Well like I say, that's more of a general "puzzle games are better on handhelds" comment.  Of the 4 puzzle demos I'm working on (*) two of them are looking promising and it's too early to tell for the others as they aren't playable yet.  Depending on how the health situation pans out I may or may not end up developing these a lot further, but either way you'll get to see them as I'll be interested on your thoughts with regards to potential future projects  Smiley

(*) These are demos I've had lying about for some time so don't worry, I haven't gone totally mad and started work on 4 games at the same time   Wink

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »

Hopefully your demos will have the same impact asMono thus returning your status as one of the most prestigous amateur (indie) games developers. I will happily wait for Aura as everything you do is to a high standard, maybe Aura will help pass the time in the wait for Tension.

Keep up the great work and puzzle games also sound interesting, fast paced or logical tactical puzzlers ?
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2007, 03:23:37 PM »

Keep up the great work and puzzle games also sound interesting, fast paced or logical tactical puzzlers ?
A bit of a mixture and in some cases both depending on which of the intended game modes you choose to play.  But, as with everything else, I'm making most of it up as I go along so nothing is certain yet.

Lyx
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »

- post can be deleted - board made me accidentally reply in wrong thread -
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2007, 05:34:17 PM »

- post can be deleted - board made me accidentally reply in wrong thread -
Naughty board.  I'll have a word  Wink

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »

Been away for the past few days; just catching up.

Nice to see you still working on stuff. Haven't been hitting the PC games much since my switch to Linux but I'm still hammering the old stuff, mono, Echoes, DUO, etc. A lot of fun Cheesy

Looking forward to whatever you've got coming next  Smiley

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »

Thanks matey Smiley  Yeah still plugging away when I can here.  Just not ideal circumstances ATM.

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »

Hey Fog, just wondering how things are going ? I am so eager to play your new game demos =)

Also in other news, my Xbox 360 has finally returned to a warm loving family, so I am happy again.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »

Hey Fog, just wondering how things are going ? I am so eager to play your new game demos =)
Still doing a bit when I can.  As the current demos are puzzlers and not shmups you're probably one of the few people around here that might actually like them (with the emphasis on "might") Smiley

Also in other news, my Xbox 360 has finally returned to a warm loving family, so I am happy again.
Great news.  I have so many good 360 games ATM I don't know where to start.

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2007, 09:20:23 PM »

Oh no, I WILL love them. I love puzzlers both fast and slow paced, I just can't wait to see what puzzle games you have come up with since DuoTris (which is great btw).

Oh yeah forgot to mention, I am also developing Flash games now
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2007, 12:30:18 PM »

Oh no, I WILL love them. I love puzzlers both fast and slow paced, I just can't wait to see what puzzle games you have come up with since DuoTris (which is great btw).
While the shmups might be more popular, DUOtris is the only game I've written that I still play on and enjoy. I made myself sick of the shmups by playing them too much during development.

Lyx
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »

Thats scary - its as if i may be looking at a mirror of a possible future of me........ shit....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165 Go Up Print 
Jump to: