binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Diary of a Game
| | |-+  The Binary Zoo Bog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 165 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Binary Zoo Bog  (Read 606752 times)
TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2008, 02:03:10 AM »

Oh... just looks like a white box with a black line in it... not sure what's goin' on.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2008, 10:58:44 AM »

Oh... just looks like a white box with a black line in it... not sure what's goin' on.
Me neither as it's just a gif.  I bet you're using an inferior browser Wink

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »

I have tracked down the problem I had. Not browser related, and shouldn't affect others.

Carry on...

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »

I have tracked down the problem I had. Not browser related, and shouldn't affect others.

Carry on...
I know my games are full of bugs but I'd be getting seriously worried if my avatar was too.  Nothing to see here  BunnyMonkey!

PaulCunningham
Playtester
200 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2008, 10:12:43 PM »

That'll be the hidden bonus avatar you've unlocked there.

Cheers,
Paul Cunningham
Pumpkin Games
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »

That'll be the hidden bonus avatar you've unlocked there.
At least mine isn't just a red cross Wink  Looks like the changes over at YakYak have eaten yours.

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »

How goes those puzzle games Fog ?
outlaw99775
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »

Anything new?
It seems you have not updated in about a month...
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »

Hi outlaw99775 and welcome Smiley

Well illness has disrupted development for some time now but we're currently discussing getting things moving again and in which direction we will head.

I'll start updating regularly in a day or two once I've discussed it with everyone and decided what to do.

Thanks for your patience.

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:36 PM »

Hi outlaw99775 and welcome Smiley

Well illness has disrupted development for some time now but we're currently discussing getting things moving again and in which direction we will head.

I'll start updating regularly in a day or two once I've discussed it with everyone and decided what to do.

Thanks for your patience.

Get well soon FOG !!! Good to hear you are on the mend !
outlaw99775
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

Good to hear!
Get well, and I'm looking forward to seeing whats up next.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2008, 11:18:13 PM »

BunnyMonkey Likes the Taste of XNA  BunnyMonkey!

Anyone following threads elsewhere wont be too surprised to hear that I've decided to give XNA a go.  It hasn't been an easy decision for a number of reasons and it's by no means a permanent shift but, after discussions with the rest of the team, I feel I'd be mad not to at least see what it has to offer.

Firstly lets deal with the negatives.  It's not only a new language for me to learn, it's a whole different way of coding.  I've never done anything OOP related so there's obviously something of a learning curve here.  Also the minimum PC spec and install requirements will no doubt increase, but when I started coding in DBPro a few years ago the DirectX9 requirement was a relatively big stumbling block for some people, and now it's no longer even a minor issue  So the first year or so might limit our potential PC user base slightly but after that I don't see it as an issue.  Likewise the download size for games will increase but as time goes by this will also become less and less of an issue.

On the plus side we now have a potential new audience.  So far we have mainly been restricted to PC releases and the one non-PC release we've made required a complete rewrite by SiN.  Great though that was, it's not an ideal way for a very small team to operate.  Using XNA we can target PC, XBox360 and soon the Zune and I personally see the 360 in particular as a natural home for the style of simple arcade games I write.  Some freeware Binary Zoo titles on there really appeals to me. Smiley

Some I've got everything installed and tomorrow I'll dive in and see what it's all about.  I don't do tutorials or any of this "Hello World" stuff so I'm going to have a stab at writing something mono or Echoes like straight away.  I'd rather do something new and start porting Tension straight away but I figure if I port a game I know well then I can concentrate on learning the language without worrying about other stuff.  And with any luck XNA will be a bit faster than what I have been working with and we can throw some more crap around on screen than usual.

I'll try and keep updates as regular as possible now.  Wish me luck....I'm going in.  Kang-a-roo!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:20:42 PM by fog » Logged

JDog053
Playtester
1000 XP

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »

Now that is a big leap ! Infact I am really surprised with that. Great stuff though, I can't wait to play Mono on 360...With a 360 controller, over live, team based games, leaderboards !! Its like a dream come true, I could just be in the Twilight Zone...but I doubt.

OOP isn't friendly to begin with but when you embrace it, its a nicer world.

I wish you the best of luck, Fog ! Or shall I say Fillious Fog ! Who has litterally gone around the world in 80 bytes (its the best I could come up with given the time...). Awesome, i'll be reading this with less haste, mini waste.
PaulCunningham
Playtester
200 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »

Great news fog.

Now that is a big leap ! Infact I am really surprised with that. Great stuff though, I can't wait to play Mono on 360...With a 360 controller, over live, team based games, leaderboards !! Its like a dream come true, I could just be in the Twilight Zone...but I doubt.

No leaderboards in XNA.

Cheers,
Paul Cunningham
Pumpkin Games
T_M_C
1000 XP

TMC

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »

Fillious Fog ! Who has litterally gone around the world in 80 bytes
  lol  Grin

I would say XNA is a good choice.  Even though i don't have any coding experience with it.  But from what i've seen, it looks stable, well supported, fast and feature packed.

Best of luck with it, and i'll look forward to hearing your experiences with it.

TMC

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 165 Go Up Print 
Jump to: