binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 01:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30179 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Echoes 1.03
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Echoes 1.03  (Read 45885 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:54:57 AM »

Echoes version 1.03 is now available

This fixes one small but important bug that sometimes prevented high scores and profiles being saved properly.

Please read the included Readme file if you are updating from a previous version of Echoes so you can transfer any existing records you may have.

Ashuku
1 XP

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:57:34 AM »

This fixes one small but important bug that sometimes prevented high scores and profiles being saved properly.

Please read the included Readme file if you are updating from a previous version of Echoes so you can transfer any existing records you may have.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »

Thanks. Keep up the good work.
You're welcome Ashuku.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

The DarkStar
200 XP

I hate mondays.

smasherbona@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »

That's why i can't see in the table my 999.999.999 pts score. Grin
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:12 AM »

That's why i can't see in the table my 999.999.999 pts score. Grin
Yeah and you probably got that on Hard too Wink

PhataLerror
10 XP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »

Can you transfer Zoots from any or all previous versions, or should I just keep playing 1.02? The High Score tables don't mean anything to me.

Echoes 1.01/1.03: 85% Completed. To-do List: Score 1.5 Million, Get Hit 100 Times, and 175k Without Moving.
Echoes 1.02: 25% Completed. Screenshots are being taken....
Crack High Score: 12586. 5x's are not worth it...
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »

Can you transfer Zoots from any or all previous versions, or should I just keep playing 1.02? The High Score tables don't mean anything to me.
Yes.  Just copy over your profile.zoo file (data directory) and that has your Zoot details in it.

Do not continue to use 1.02 as I can't guarantee your records (scores and zoots) will be saved properly.  In Version 1.03 everything works fine.

PhataLerror
10 XP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 03:58:05 PM »

1.02/1.03 are substantially different from 1.01, in that the Level 1 Asteroids now reduce your firepower (at least on Hard; I hadn't bothered to play this on any other level). The 500k Zoot no longer has the annoying powerup bug, but Zoots involving substantial progress into the game are now crazy-hard to reach. Shouldn't the next release disallow profile data from previous versions?

Also, now that powerups are tied to incremented kills, I managed to point-blank for powerups quite easily. Unfortunately, considering the above-mentioned issue with the Level 1 Asteroids, 175k Without Moving is going to be unattainable on Hard.

Echoes 1.01/1.03: 85% Completed. To-do List: Score 1.5 Million, Get Hit 100 Times, and 175k Without Moving.
The DarkStar
200 XP

I hate mondays.

smasherbona@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »

Do not continue to use 1.02 as I can't guarantee your records (scores and zoots) will be saved properly.  In Version 1.03 everything works fine.

I'm still playing version 1.01 Cheesy
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »

1.02/1.03 are substantially different from 1.01, in that the Level 1 Asteroids now reduce your firepower...
As they should.  The way they worked in 1.01 was incorrect.

The 500k Zoot no longer has the annoying powerup bug, but Zoots involving substantial progress into the game are now crazy-hard to reach. Shouldn't the next release disallow profile data from previous versions?
I don't really see the point in disallowing Zoots from previous versions. They are just there to add a little extra challenge for you....it's not a competition.  And I'm not sure people who got their Zoots in version 1.01 would thank me if I wiped their achievements out Smiley

Also, now that powerups are tied to incremented kills, I managed to point-blank for powerups quite easily. Unfortunately, considering the above-mentioned issue with the Level 1 Asteroids, 175k Without Moving is going to be unattainable on Hard.
175k without moving on Hard certainly isn't unattainable.  I've had a couple of goes and got relatively close.....using a different control method to normal mind Smiley

It's called "Hard" for a reason.

The DarkStar
200 XP

I hate mondays.

smasherbona@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »

1.02/1.03 are substantially different from 1.01, in that the Level 1 Asteroids now reduce your firepower...

And you told me that getting a power up every hit was right...
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:05 PM »

And you told me that getting a power up every hit was right...
Where?

PhataLerror
10 XP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 05:18:30 AM »

175k without moving on Hard certainly isn't unattainable.  I've had a couple of goes and got relatively close.....using a different control method to normal mind Smiley
It's called "Hard" for a reason.
"Relatively close" meaning survived the first wave of Asteroid Belt? It's still 150k to Level 7, and 175k for the Zoot, right?

I don't mind "Hard" as in climbing Mt. Everest. I'm not so fond of "Hard" as in drawing the cards for a Royal Flush or rolling five-of-a-kind x13 in Yahtzee.

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »

I'm just sad that I'm hopeless at echoes and can't unlock crack Tongue

EDIT: Wow. Great work on the updates, I really like the new non-random powerups Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:47:35 AM by TheKhakinator » Logged

clockinreverse
50 XP

la la la la, Hey Teddy! OFGWTF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 08:07:12 AM »

Is there a reason that the latest version reaquires DX 9.0c instead of just 9.0? I ask because the computer that I mainly play on is at work, and updating the DX is not an option. This new requirement has effectivley killed about 80% of my play time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
Jump to: