binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30178 Posts in 1158 Topics by 195 Members
Latest Member: dianeanderson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  Binary Zoo
| |-+  Feedback
| | |-+  Echoes 1.03
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Echoes 1.03  (Read 45852 times)
thevictor390
1 XP

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 01:04:47 AM »

Found this game in search of a Geometry Wars-like experience, which I never had since I don't own an Xbox.  Very impressed with the quality for a freeware game, little touches like multiple profiles and an achievements equivalent (although most are impossibly difficult) set this apart from most independent games.  Currently downloading your other titles! I'm just disappointed that Duotris mobile won't work on my smartphone (according to the website anyway, I may try the demo just to see what happens).

PS joystick dead zone support would be awesome
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »

Hi thevictor390 and thanks for the comments Smiley

PS joystick dead zone support would be awesome
There is it's just some idiot forgot to mention it in the help files (that'll be me then).

In the "data" directory open the "my_joypad.zoo" file in notepad and you'll see the deadzone value at the end.  Decrease for less deadzone and increase for a bigger deadzone.  (it's the % of travel that will be ignored)

thevictor390
1 XP

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »

Thanks my PS2 pad drifts a bit, now can go for 175K without moving!

EDIT: OK, my joypad drifts a lot.  Apparently more than 15%.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:06:14 PM by thevictor390 » Logged
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »

Thanks my PS2 pad drifts a bit, now can go for 175K without moving!

EDIT: OK, my joypad drifts a lot.  Apparently more than 15%.

Yeah don't be too surprised at that.  All my pads including the excellent XBox360 one drift occasionally if the deadzone is set at 10%....that's why I made the default 15%.  Even then my Thrustmaster one has a habit of wandering in the x-axis.

Bump it up to 20% and see if that helps.  I wouldn't put it any higher than is absolutely necessary mind otherwise the controls will start to feel unresponsive. Smiley

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »

Yeah don't be too surprised at that.  All my pads including the excellent XBox360 one drift occasionally if the deadzone is set at 10%....that's why I made the default 15%.  Even then my Thrustmaster one has a habit of wandering in the x-axis.
but is it automatically a bad thing? I think it adds a tiny bit of random element and the feeling of fluidity to the controls. I mean, the drift will be rather minimal when talking about the full range of movement, right? So if you scale your movement properly, it shouldn't be an issue.

I dunno, I might be the only one thinking this way, but I've seen far more games with huge deadzones than games with too small deadzone for the sticks. Might as well use the the digital buttons at that point.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:15:07 PM by las6 » Logged

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »

but is it automatically a bad thing? I think it adds a tiny bit of random element and the feeling of fluidity to the controls. I mean, the drift will be rather minimal when talking about the full range of movement, right? So if you scale your movement properly, it shouldn't be an issue.

I dunno, I might be the only one thinking this way, but I've seen far more games with huge deadzones than games with too small deadzone for the sticks. Might as well use the the digital buttons at that point.
I'm with you.  I'd prefer a little drift to a huge deadzone Smiley  but it does make getting the "175k without moving" tricky as mentioned earlier. Wink

jbrodack
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 05:21:36 AM »

could someone pm me how to get to play crack?
germangamer232
1 XP

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 05:57:40 AM »

u do not get plya crack u do not evan get play ekoes game is brokan

y gam borkan?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Lyx
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »

And thats why i play indiegames...
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »

And thats why i play indiegames...
lol Smiley

Welcome jbrodack, you'll be wanting this...
http://www.binaryzoo.com/forum/index.php?topic=993.msg13481#msg13481

Hi germangamer232, sorry I can't help without some more details and your system specs Smiley

jbrodack
1 XP

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »

crack is addicting.

echoes is a classic shmup experience.  love the progression of difficulty and intensity. 
TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 09:31:35 AM »

bt u do not get plya cracks u do not evan get play ekoes game is borkan!

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 09:39:51 AM »

crack is addicting.

echoes is a classic shmup experience.  love the progression of difficulty and intensity. 
Thanks jbrodack.  Glad you enjoy them Smiley

bt u do not get plya cracks u do not evan get play ekoes game is borkan!
He was German.  What's your excuse for constantly talking rubbish? Wink  Too many tumbles off the Modernator?

TheKhakinator
Chiptune Wizard
Playtester
1000 XP

Grav Corp, Moonfaker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »

Only crashed her once and it wasn't bad. Sadly the thing hasn't run in months. The new design is rather much better, mechanically, but I have no batteries or money for batteries.

todayisforgotten
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:59 AM »

Firstly, I understand this game has been around for awhile on the PC and that you do have other things going in your life and programming world.  I also highly doubt you'll bother with compatibility with w7 but here we go anyhow...  Couple of questions:  Will there ever be w7 64bit support for echoes on the PC?  The game will run in Windows 7 but then shortly after it will crash and the error is a bad command at line xxxx.

For XP I have installed the 360 controller drivers (this does work flawless in w7).  The issue in echoes on XP is it comes up as unsupported in the main game menu (red text).  When you click on controller setup in echoes it is then recognized, but when you go back to the main menu it is not.  XP recognizes the 360 controller in device manager and controller setup as a 360 controller.  When in echoes o call it.

I don't know if such an issue(s) exists and perhaps i should read through this thread which I will...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
Jump to: