binary zoo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
30167 Posts in 1158 Topics by 194 Members
Latest Member: RobertHedge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  binary zoo
|-+  General
| |-+  Wildlife
| | |-+  Microsoft (XBox etc)............................
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft (XBox etc)............................  (Read 152781 times)
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:28:17 AM by fog » Logged

DaZ
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:28:05 PM »

Does anyone have any games they wanna play on live? Lol I play Pro Evo 6 alot if anyone has that?

DaZ
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »

Does anyone have any games they wanna play on live? Lol I play Pro Evo 6 alot if anyone has that?
Gah I'm footy mad (sorry "soccer" Wink ) but never bothered with Pro Evo 6 for the 360 as I have the latest PS2 version which apparently has more stuff in it.  The new one should be out soonish mind so I'll definately be getting the 360 version of that.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »

I've been discussing this earlier but is anyone else an Achievements whore?  I'm addicted to the bloody things.  Kang-a-roo!

Even though I was sceptical at first it turns out it was a genius move by Microsoft  as it's added a lot of longevity to games......and more importantly a great sense of satisfaction when you finally nail a particularly tricky one Smiley

Now I dream about that "Achievement Unlocked" sound  BunnyMonkey!

EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:33:23 PM »

I haven't really bothered with them. Sometimes I get them without trying for them, but I really don't pay attention.

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

I haven't really bothered with them. Sometimes I get them without trying for them, but I really don't pay attention.
Dude you don't know what you're missing.

You haven't lived until you've spent hours trying to get two Elephants to *ahem* romance in Viva Pinata(*) all for 5 Gamerpoints.  Phat! Phat!

(*) and no it's not a kids game.....it's bloody marvelous ok and I don't feel insecure about admitting I love it either.  Oh no.  Kang-a-roo!

EricT
1000 XP

I sleep with FOG.

tomassetti13@hotmail.com folkefiendar
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 08:52:10 PM »

Hahaha. I think I can live without  Wink

My Achievements Earned:

Sit on my ass and do nothing for 2 hours - CHECK
Stare at a computer screen for more than an hour - CHECK
Ignore those around me for more than 10 hours - CHECK
Kill 2 hookers - 1 To Go
fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

Just about to have a go on Space Giraffe.  You owe it to yourself to download the demo and give it a whirl people.  BunnyMonkey!

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »

price going down in europe... but but... they already sell it way below that new recommended price. Does this mean that the resellers just get a bigger cut or are they going to really cut the prices for us little customers?'

I'm actually considering of getting an xbox 360 for some XNA action... and for the games. But as it turns out, my current setup runs games pretty darn well... so I'm not in a hurry.

just one question. Where the *bleep* do you find a tv/display that does 720p natively. And don't give me any of that 1366x??? crap.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

price going down in europe... but but... they already sell it way below that new recommended price. Does this mean that the resellers just get a bigger cut or are they going to really cut the prices for us little customers?'
Yeah I think you'll still be able to buy it for less than the new RRP if you shop around.

just one question. Where the *bleep* do you find a tv/display that does 720p natively. And don't give me any of that 1366x??? crap.
Must admit I think this is weird too.  Most of the "basic" HD TV's are 768 lines which is great if you want to use it with a PC but what about 720p?  What do they all do with the extra lines?  Do you get small borders or does it stretch the image reducing the quality?

At least the "full" HD TV's do proper 1080.

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

Yeah I think you'll still be able to buy it for less than the new RRP if you shop around.
Is the announced new RRP for just the basic package (not core) or for a basic + game bundle that seems to be the norm everywhere.

Do you get small borders or does it stretch the image reducing the quality?
It stretches. and yes, the quality suffers because of that. Scaling is never a good idea. But if you're really lucky, you might be given an option to toggle between the "with borders" and the "stretched" modes.

yeah, but good luck finding games that run in full 1080p.

fog
Zookeeper
1000 XP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »

Is the announced new RRP for just the basic package (not core) or for a basic + game bundle that seems to be the norm everywhere.
The new RRP is just for the console and doesn't include any game.

Pricing, even ignoring any game bundles, is getting increasingly complicated as you now have the Core, Pro (to replace the Premium) and the Elite.  3 different options is just stupid IMO.

yeah, but good luck finding games that run in full 1080p.
Well some run in 1080i.  Ok so that's not as good as 1080p but it's arguable whether that's a better option than scaled 720p.

Anyhoo please tell me I'm not the only one that's tried SPace Giraffe so far?  I'm holding off making too many comments until I've had a bit more of a play.  One thing I can confidently say though is I've never played anything like it.

Oh and for a brief time yesterday afternoon I was ranked 8th in the world.  That didn't last long mind  Tongue

AaronF
Musical Maestro
500 XP

Hybrid Two

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »

Dude you don't know what you're missing.

You haven't lived until you've spent hours trying to get two Elephants to *ahem* romance in Viva Pinata(*) all for 5 Gamerpoints.  Phat! Phat!

(*) and no it's not a kids game.....it's bloody marvelous ok and I don't feel insecure about admitting I love it either.  Oh no.  Kang-a-roo!

I spent hours the other night searching flyers and posters for phone numbers all over the city in The Darkness. I finally unlocked the "keeper of" achievement for 10 points. woo! lol ...I guess I could have just looked them up on the net but where's the fun in that? lol.

las6
Escaped from The Zoo
1000 XP

creepy!

lauri_suopera@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »

Ok so that's not as good as 1080p but it's arguable whether that's a better option than scaled 720p.
I despise everything interlaced.

...And I have bad memories of 1080i.
You see, consumer digital cameras sometimes shoot in 1080i...but it's not the same 1080i as we all know. it's 1440x1080i!
The few 1080i videos that I've seen have been far from the quality of a good 720p video. There's just no point in doing anything interlaced thesedays when all the modern displays are going to have issues with the interlacing.

PaulCunningham
Playtester
200 XP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »

Quote from: fog
Anyhoo please tell me I'm not the only one that's tried SPace Giraffe so far?  I'm holding off making too many comments until I've had a bit more of a play.  One thing I can confidently say though is I've never played anything like it.

I have. You can see me moaning about it over at YakYak Smiley

Cheers,
Paul Cunningham
Pumpkin Games
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Go Up Print 
Jump to: